Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Incoming 991.2 Carrera GTS

Well it turns out I inadvertently snapped a pic of your car last Fri! Was up there checking out colour options on some some used cars. The salesman wanted to show me a car in a specific colour 'out the back' and I spotted what I know now to be your car.

:thumb:

weejimmy said:
Well it turns out I inadvertently snapped a pic of your car last Fri! Was up there checking out colour options on some some used cars. The salesman wanted to show me a car in a specific colour 'out the back' and I spotted what I know now to be your car.

:thumb:

Haha yes that's probably mine ;)

It was the second one in after a Targa GTS beat me by a few days!

Hope you liked it. Come have a proper look when it's ready :D

My current photos don't show it in the best light!

OPC GAP Insurance is a rip off. They try to sell it up as it's 'Return to invoice cover' meaning you get what the invoice says not the replacement cost.
I was quoted £1k for 3 years return to invoice cover by the OPC. Warrantydirect did it for £203 for the same cover. These cars don't drop in value like a stone when you drive them off the forecourt so in theory the risk is less and the price should reflect that.

As for Swissvax, it's nice stuff but if I was going to spend any money on a new car I would get an external well established company to detail the car and put on protection prior to delivery and not the OPC. I have seen many people on Youtube doing this with high-end cars and it's clear that they do it for a reason. I understand many are now instructing the OPC to not unwrap the car and getting the detailer to do it. There's a video of a detailer unwrapping a GT3RS and it wasn't good from the factory.

Edit..how rude of me not to congratulate you on a stunning purchase, congrats!!! :)

Thanks for the advice on WarrantyDirect. Definitely worth a call.

I am also definitely not going Swissvax. I am going with GTechniq and thanks 8) .

I was at OPC Glasgow yesturday ordering a new car and they did a handover of a GTS in orange next to me. It looked cool :thumb:

I had not seen that seat option before but they had a 718 boxster in the showroom with them. Not sure I would have removed alacantra for them and they are a pricey option. What made you spec those ?

Very nice Jenzbullets. I got my current used 991.1 C2S from Silverstone and have a GTS on order with then for delivery early Sept subject to confirmation. I love the sport tex interior and if it wasnt a GTS I would have gone for it. I decided on getting the leather interior with alcantara which is the same cost as the sport tex, but keeps the alcantara GT wheel as default.

Looking forward to the review of it :)

Love the sports-tex interior. IMO really lifts the cabin. Just wonder long-term how well it would wear compared to leather if you intended to keep your 991.2 for a significant amount of time...

jonttt said:
Not sure I would have removed alacantra for them and they are a pricey option. What made you spec those ?

So a couple of points on this one as I have been asked this alot.

Firstly my wife and I just don't really like Alcantara. I know lots do and I have had other cars that have had it but we really didn't want it in our GTS.

Additionally I feel that the base alcantara option is very dark. The dark silver stitching in my option adds a level of breakup to the sea of black.

Now considering the Alcantara/Leather upgrade is £2,400 that's again not adding anything other than alcantara which I didn't want.

Finally the "beautiful" option (full GTS Alcantara option) is £2,400 and then a forced £2,325 for the GTS Interior pack. You can't have one without the option. Considering I was working to a build price of £105k those options (that again contain alcantara) didn't work for me.

My choices then allowed me to add Guards Red instrument dials, blocked on some of the options above, add guards red seat belts, I added steering wheel case in leather with dark silver stitching as my wife always says thats a big chunk of black plastic otherwise.

I did lose GTS logo on the headrests so compensate I added Porsche emblem headrests and GTS Logo in leather on the centre console.

Make sense?

Jenzbullets said:
jonttt said:
Not sure I would have removed alacantra for them and they are a pricey option. What made you spec those ?

So a couple of points on this one as I have been asked this alot.

Firstly my wife and I just don't really like Alcantara. I know lots do and I have had other cars that have had it but we really didn't want it in our GTS.

Additionally I feel that the base alcantara option is very dark. The dark silver stitching in my option adds a level of breakup to the sea of black.

Now considering the Alcantara/Leather upgrade is £2,400 that's again not adding anything other than alcantara which I didn't want.

Finally the "beautiful" option (full GTS Alcantara option) is £2,400 and then a forced £2,325 for the GTS Interior pack. You can't have one without the option. Considering I was working to a build price of £105k those options (that again contain alcantara) didn't work for me.

My choices then allowed me to add Guards Red instrument dials, blocked on some of the options above, add guards red seat belts, I added steering wheel case in leather with dark silver stitching as my wife always says thats a big chunk of black plastic otherwise.

I did lose GTS logo on the headrests so compensate I added Porsche emblem headrests and GTS Logo in leather on the centre console.

Make sense?

I like your reasoning for the sport tex and totally get it. The thing that led me to pick the leather with extended alcantara was I hated the plastic dash & door tops that comes as standard especially coming from C2S that had the leather dash effect. Expensive option I know and like you I couldn't bring myself to add another 2+k for the GTS interior package.

Conrats.

Looks lovely!

Still looking for Insurance. Contacting new Porsche Insurance Services (Carbon Insurance Services) today resulted in some rude minion stating that they "aren't open for any new business and won't be launching taking on new business until late summer"!

:eek:

Hiscox via AIB looks best for me now. Anyone have any views on them?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back