Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Autocar Rate The 997 As 18th Most Beautiful Car Ever

Martian said:
but a 997 more beautiful than the 23rd placed car the McLaren F1 and 35th, Ferrari F40? :)

Yeah not sure about that :)

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I have to say that very few cars really float my boat except the AC Cobra, Alfa 8C and Maserati Granturismo! The 997 strikes a great balance of pretty and muscular without being lary or obscene!

However nothing comes close to a Ducati 916/996/998 which is the most beautiful vehicle/thing ever made.... IMHO :mrgreen:

b1f5484cdcff350fe5eb8a408e78b04a.jpg

Karmann Ghia.
Been so close to getting one of these for years.

Attachments

• image_574.jpeg
    image_574.jpeg
    212 KB · Views: 5,825
Come on no MG Maestro who did this list Steve wonder 😂😂😂 :floor: :floor:

The E Type series 1 is wonderful looking- but surely a Bugatti Type 57sc is the best looking car made???
Apparently one sold for $40m and only 2 were made

DucatiRob said:
However nothing comes close to a Ducati 916/996/998 which is the most beautiful vehicle/thing ever made.... IMHO :mrgreen:

I agree (apart from a Spitfire of course).

Sold mine a few years ago to help fund my divorce....

duke.jpg

Duke2.jpg

When it comes to the 911 though, having owned a pre-impact classic, I think the 997 is better looking - I know shock horror!

The bumpers, indicators roof vent at the rear window, door handle and quaterlight windows were a bit to busy on the old classic.
The simplistic lines, the way the curve of the front vent marries up to the indicators and gentle flared arches (turbo and 991 are a bit too big) make the 997 the best looking 911 in my eyes. It's does'nt have the muscle car looks of the C4s/turbo/GT3, instead its a beautifully balanced pretty car.

Robertb said:
It is a very satisfying looking car, not a line out of place, good from all angles.

The big question is, which variant is better looking- Gen 1, 2, or Turbo...?

My vote is for the Gen 2 4S.

:starwars:

For some weird reason, I agree with you...

I saw one of these 911 Black editions a while ago and was struck by what a great looking car it is, simple and elegant, with the 911 script on the back rather than the overwrought badging of many 991s which looks like an office birthday card.

911-carrera-black-06.jpg

Surprised this didn't get a mention too - Alfa 8C Competizione

alfa-romeo-8c-competizione-2016-312778.jpg

wow top 20 is going some, although i do think that every year these cars go to look prettier and prettier- particularly as modern performance cars become more and more fussy in their styling.

I really liked the McLaren MP4-12C and each successive generation has become fussier and i like less.

I've also always liked the 12C, I hear the late 2013 and 2014 are the ones to get and McLaren fixed the teething issues that plagued the earlier cars. Services are expensive though.

apollokre1d said:
Services are expensive though.

My 2012 12C just had its 5 yr service was £1100 at Mclaren which I thought was ok.

Extended warranty is £3.5k per year!

scockers said:
apollokre1d said:
Services are expensive though.

My 2012 12C just had its 5 yr service was £1100 at Mclaren which I thought was ok.

Extended warranty is £3.5k per year!

£1100 is not as bad as I thought, but aren't the services every 2 years?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back