Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 - Jolly Boyos Outing 2017

It was an epic trip in so many ways ..... great laughs and excellent roads ....... apart from a couple that had grass growing in the middle!!! ...... an what a suprise for 911 AU ..... it was nice to briefly meet you ..... at the time I didn't know you were a forum member.

Once again thanks Phil ..... the whisky night was the a cherry on more than one cake ......... ;-)

The three turbos on a breakaway convoy back to base camp on Saturday PM.

I can't thank Phil enough for the huge amount of work that went into the planning of this event. He'd even arranged the runs to ensure we were never driving into the sun! I kid you not this was perfection.

it was so good to meet you all too - a better bunch of guys you couldn't wish to find 👍👍👍👍

Hotel pretty good too with some great 'views' 😀

PS thank you Christian again for your troubles - you rescued a man in need!

Attachments

• img_8983_151.jpg
    img_8983_151.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 6,923
I would put a bit of video up of the Triangle, if it wasn't such a PITA to do on here. I don't have a YouTube account.
Great effort Flight Commander, great roads, great group of guys, great stories. Haven't laughed so much in ages.
Looking forward to next year.

911 AU said:
My wife gave best in show to the Riviera Blue.

Obviously a lady of consummate taste . . .
:grin:

some great photos there ( content wise ) :D

A few more from the Groes Inn line up...

DSC_3735_zpsi9fujneu.jpg

DSC_3737_zpsmhffwbuq.jpg

DSC_3747_zpsxxjs56gx.jpg

DSC_3749_zpszcqxvgxv.jpg

Paul ....... no 4S's ...... but two turbos ...... others mostly "skinny hipped ratters" ...... ;)

A big thank you to Phil and Steve for the awesome job they did in the planning and implementation of this trip.
I never knew that Wales had so many remote Farms at the end of an un-made track and my Satnav found them all :dont know:

I cannot thank Christian enough for all his selfless efforts getting me out of a real big pile of brown stuff on the Friday – he provided a VIP recovery service coming out to the middle of nowhere, amazing work using only improvised tools (a bent cutlery knife that we borrowed from a remote farmhouse) and his amazing skill – I owe you big time Christian and will settle up with you properly when I see you soon for a vehicle check over :thumbs:

As Andy has already said it was an epic trip in so many ways, an amazing bunch of genuine guys having a great time on amazing roads, it seems weird to me now, driving on roads that don't have a foot or so of grass growing in the middle :hand:

Attachments

• dsc_0939_965.jpg
    dsc_0939_965.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 4,928
....... Tony I am bit worried about the forthcoming Longers road trip ....... where we will not have the mighty talents of Christian ....... I think we are all going to have to keep a very close eye on you ......... especially concerning any sort of key ....... ;)

Tony - bring your spare keys and leave them with Andy for safe keeping / or just keep that bent knife handy :grin:

Never fear guys .. after the excitement last week, my spare key and alarm fob are already on my dog-tag chain so I'll be wearing the spare set around my neck.

I also now have a length of strong wool to thread up the sleeves of my jacket and tie my driving gloves on each end, so those can't be lost either! :nooo:

The bent knife already has a new home in the 993 tool-roll :thumbs:

Glad you all had a great weekend, sorry I couldn't come this year. Looks like you covered a lot of roads in the area and there are some superb roads around there!

Glad to see a 996 in the line up. Other pics are ok too.

Maybe do a mid Wales on next year. Just as many good roads!

Anyone going to Dinslaken as well? I so, see you there.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back