Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How Fast Mister?

jonttt said:
This is me racing a F40 at terminal speeds on the M1 last week, I think we hit 40mph once in an hour.....

Was this Saturday 15th per chance? I saw a F40 down on the South Coast between Portsmouth and Brighton, how many F40s would have been out on the roads I wonder?!

Seen 150 / 160mph quite a lot on my motorbikes, but they get there just so quickly that its not really much of an achievement. Ive not had my 997 turbo above 135 yet. Think the fastest ive ever been was an indicated 178mph on one of my motorbikes, so actual was probably slightly less.

RJW1881 said:
Martian said:
RJW1881 said:
.....The photo also shows the revs approaching the red line! Mine is a 997.1 6 speed manual, can anyone confirm where the rev limiter actually is and if it will actually hit 200mph?.....

My car is also a 997.1T 6 speed. 205 indicated resting on the rev limiter at 6600/6700 RPM.

Fingers crossed for Vmax in a couple of weeks then!

Although simple maths tells me I'm not going to get any more than 194mph with the limiter @ 6700rpm with 185mph @ 6400rpm?

I didn't get on that well at Vmax, best run of the day was 183mph (verified).
There was a strong head wind and only one car managed to hit 200mph and that was a Veryon which best run of the day was exactly 200mph.

A few of us are going on a road trip to Croatia in July (via Germany) so we will have another go at the double ton then!

rabbitstew said:
Seen 150 / 160mph quite a lot on my motorbikes, but they get there just so quickly that its not really much of an achievement. Ive not had my 997 turbo above 120 yet. Think the fastest ive been was an indicated 178mph on one of my motorbikes, so actual was probably slightly less.

178mph on a bike...you my friend have balls :thumb:

Jam911 said:
You are all very naughty
Not naughty at all chum
Only on the track or autobahn of course 😎

BlackTurbo said:
rabbitstew said:
Seen 150 / 160mph quite a lot on my motorbikes, but they get there just so quickly that its not really much of an achievement. Ive not had my 997 turbo above 120 yet. Think the fastest ive been was an indicated 178mph on one of my motorbikes, so actual was probably slightly less.

178mph on a bike...you my friend have balls :thumb:

To be honest it feels like nothing on a bike. Whereas in my car, 120mph feels like you are doing 200mph as the car is vibrating and rattling like mad.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yewcorner
Back