Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jethro's 996 drive tribe video (some 996 love)

poppopbangbang said:
My old car :D As some may have guessed from the "from a guy who ran a race shop looking after 90s F1 cars" comment.

Great to see the old girl still being fast and capable!

Haha I was wondering if he was referring to you.

Fastlane said:
In his comments below he says that the Aerokit came before the GT3. Is this true? I always assumed it was designed for the GT3 and then offered as an option for regular 996s. Were Sport Design wheels also offered before the GT3?

Yes totally true, my old car/Jethros car was built a year before the GT3 was launched and came from Porsche with the kit on it. My C4 left Porsche three months before the GT3 was launched and again had an aero kit and "GT3" wheels when it left the factory.

The Mk1 GT3 kit, wheels etc. were basically the optional bits you could spec on your Carrera as the Aero Kit but fitted as standard. So yes the GT3 ripped off the narrow body carrera Aero kit :lol:

Great vid that. Watching it really strikes a chord and makes me want to upgrade my suspension! :D

Steve Gom said:
Great vid that. Watching it really strikes a chord and makes me want to upgrade my suspension! :D

Very true - it corners very flat. Can hear the interior creaks on the bumps, but that adds to the charm :)

My own journey with an 1998 Arctic C2 has been fun all the way and I've only owned it since October - had an absolutely epic evening driving on Saturday, and even better on Sunday morning.

Robertb said:
Fantastic video, nice to hear the engine sing and the suspension working rather than some 90's Techno or whatever they usually overlay such things with.

Jethro is quite a handy driver too by the look of it. Not realised he is a 996 owner. Good man.

Anyone know exactly where that was filmed, road etc?

Looks like the B4391 from Ffestiniog towards Bala to me. An old favourite North Wales road of Evo's and mine.

:thumb:

And if anybody fancies going I'm doing it on 7th may before heading over to Oswestry for Midlands Breakfast club.

poppopbangbang said:
Fastlane said:
In his comments below he says that the Aerokit came before the GT3. Is this true? I always assumed it was designed for the GT3 and then offered as an option for regular 996s. Were Sport Design wheels also offered before the GT3?

Yes totally true, my old car/Jethros car was built a year before the GT3 was launched and came from Porsche with the kit on it. My C4 left Porsche three months before the GT3 was launched and again had an aero kit and "GT3" wheels when it left the factory.

The Mk1 GT3 kit, wheels etc. were basically the optional bits you could spec on your Carrera as the Aero Kit but fitted as standard. So yes the GT3 ripped off the narrow body carrera Aero kit :lol:

Well blow me over with a feather - I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification.

All those people with GT3s should in fact be changing their rear badges for "Carrera" ones...not the other way round :grin:

Just watched it, nice video... seen a few 996 C4S's lately and its really starting to grow on me.

Great video. 996 definitely on the up!

Great video - nice to hear some positive journo feed-back instead of the usual dross - I like the Guy without ever having met him!

DRIVETRIBE's Editor introduces his 150,000-mile, 996...

Sorry for posting this again. YouTube reported that this was a new video published yesterday. Obviously not!

Early 996s are very nice - it's good to see them getting some love.

JonnyBaddeley said:
Robertb said:
Fantastic video, nice to hear the engine sing and the suspension working rather than some 90's Techno or whatever they usually overlay such things with.

Jethro is quite a handy driver too by the look of it. Not realised he is a 996 owner. Good man.

Anyone know exactly where that was filmed, road etc?

Looks like the B4391 from Ffestiniog towards Bala to me. An old favourite North Wales road of Evo's and mine.

Cheers Jonny

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back