Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air/Heater Pipe Source?

HomersSpiceRack

Anyone sourced the 72 X 2mm air pipe that connects to the heat control box under the engine?

Mine both look ropey and Design911 want £165 each for a 45mm length!!! They also sell a meter for about £155 strangely?

Going to ring a silicon hose supplier I have used previously tomorrow but any pointers appreciated.

Silicon insulated heating hose works. You can use the metal type but need to be careful of any earthing issues.

Just get the right diameter and away you go :thumb:

eBay is your friend. Or your local heating supplies.

I recently bought 100mm from Parts Wise (no affiliation) for €39.24 plus VAT and shipping. It came with a few other parts so the shipping cost averaged out over the parts was small.

I looked all over the net for an alternative without luck. How and why this hose is so expensive I have no idea.

Matt at Type 911 does 100mm for £44.00 plus VAT plus delivery.

ATB :)

Problem solved, I hope. I spoke to Auto Silicone Hoses Ltd who did a 70mm silicone hose, in red, as opposed to the Porsche hose which is 72mm int. dia. They assured me that it would stretch that small amount easily and directed me to a 100mm straight connector which would do both the 45mm long hoses a treat.

They were great to deal with and even directed me to their eBay shop which had free delivery as a promotion and was very slightly cheaper than ordering off the company website. Total cost £6.95 inc. postage.

Hopefully a result but I shall report if I hit any problems.

Hi HomersSpiceRack,

I'd be interested to know how you get on with the hose from ASH. I did have a look at their site but I thought with a wall thickness of 5.5mm and the hose being 4 ply it would not be easy to work with. Now if they did a 2 ply at say 2.5mm I'd say perfect.

Fitted this afternoon extremely easily with no problems.

Wall thickness not an issue but you need to ensure that you cut the pipe to the correct 45mm length which allows you to slide the pipe onto the end of the control box, slide the whole lot into the limited gap and then slide it all together.

I smeared the inside with liquid soap which made it all fairly simple.

I should of checked it out before I paid €39.24 for a 10cm piece of Porsche original :x Thing is I now have no choice but to match up the other side for another €39.24 :x Oh well, I live and learn.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back