Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Touch up paint

paul987

Mexico City
Anyone have any recommendations on suppliers of the above. I've got a couple of chips I want to to sort on my front PU.. Colour match is most important part to me :wink:

CHIPEX give them your paint code and you will be sorted .I use the kit with the little applicator sticks does a decent job of stone chips .if you want it even better over apply to the chip and then mob it down. but most of the time just touching in the chip does the trick :thumb:

Thankyou Phil :thumbs:

dont buy artic silver genuine from porsche, its nothing like a match. Its about 3 shades lighter and looks terrible.

Another recommendation for Chipex. Provided an excellent colour match for my meteor grey. :thumbs:

I recently bought from cartouchupkits.co.uk. I've only done two tiny spots so far but the colour match on Polar Silver seems very good and the service was good too. It arrived within a couple of days, was well packaged and includes proper artists' brushes to use.

I looked at Chipex but their 'system' seemed like overkill and pretty expensive for the small amount I had to do.

https://www.cartouchupkits.co.uk/

You should have a local paint factors which is where the body shops get their paint mixed - they also usually make up an aerosol to suit your paint code this paint is better for touch ups as it is thinner - just use a fine artist brush.

Del.

I used dr colourchip on my slate grey 997
The front end was covered in stone chips
I was considering a bonnet bumper respray
Wasn't disappointed highly recommended you couldn't see where the paint was applied
Costs about £30 for the paint coded paint some kind of residue remover and a rubber spatula
Have a look on YouTube or their Web page

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back