Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service history

k99mn

Hi guys not been on here for a while, not since i sold my totally gorgeous boxster S ..like a twat!! Now after 2 years think i may have found a replacement, guy is very genuine, car is low miles a 2002 example he knows the previous owner who has some quality classics (not Porkers) but the service history is pretty limited as work has ben done by independants, and self service. Price is about right for me but how much difference should a service history make to the price? I plan to keep the car for my dotage :)
Any offers

So long as there's bills & receipts for the Indy servicing, then that part's not an issue. Is there any documentation whatsoever for the self servicing?

Main thing is - are you happy with it? If it's going to be a keeper and you're satisfied it's been looked after to your standard then your question is answered.

Deffo (if it's a NA 3.6) get the bores checked out for borescoring as you don't want to be lumbered with an engine rebuild.

k99mn said:
I plan to keep the car for my dotage :)
Any offers

Then it's somewhat irrelevant if you pay X for it and it's only worth Y. If you're happy with the condition / price then I'd say just go for it :)

As you're going to be keeping the car for a while it's only you that can decide if it's acceptable.

Value wise a private purchase should always be 10-15% cheaper than a dealer car and the lack of documented service history should also be a good negotiating point.

That said, others might not be so concerned so I wouldn't lose an otherwise great car for the sake of a few £££s.

Good Luck :thumb:

Thanks everybody i was hoping that was going to be the response :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back