Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gearbox Mount ???? Baffled !!!!!!! ---------

-- 997 --

OK so my car went in last week to have 5hit loads of stuff done. And my porsche tech sent me a picture of my gearbox Mount saying that the transmission insert is different to the mount!! And the insert is correct for my Gen1. By the picture. Can anyone identify what mount I have in my gearbox. Really baffled on this !!

Cheers

J

Attachments

• 20170420_133533_108.jpg
    20170420_133533_108.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 3,866
My gen 1 is a manual. Even the tiptronic mount looks different to this. Don't think it's even a tiptronic mount although similar !

Cheers

J

I can't make out the insert holes in the rubber due to the darkness of the picture but when I looked the alloy parts shape came up as a Tip mount.

The manual mount looks like the picture to the right on the FF website that says OEM Bushing.

I am no expert on this but it does look like a tip mount bush :dont know: :dont know: :?: maybe Demort can throw some light on it.

Phil 997 said:
I am no expert on this but it does look like a tip mount bush :dont know: :dont know: :?: maybe Demort can throw some light on it.

After a bit of gooooooogling. It looks like it be a boxter/cayman mount. If so then I don't think they do inserts for it. But search continues. I really want to know what model mount this is from etc.. mmmm

J

Im a little confused here , that picture is of your gearbox and thats the original mount ?

Got to admit i dont take much notice of them but it looks like a standard manual gearbox bush to me .

So the one you have to replace it doesn,t look like that ?

I need more pictures ..

I need more info ..

I need to be young and have all my facultys again ...

:)

Demort said:
Im a little confused here , that picture is of your gearbox and thats the original mount ?

Got to admit i dont take much notice of them but it looks like a standard manual gearbox bush to me .

So the one you have to replace it doesn,t look like that ?

I need more pictures ..

I need more info ..

I need to be young and have all my facultys again ...

:)

Hi demort, your not the only one thats confused, that picture isnt great as my tech sent it and thats the omly picture i have, however the insert i have for the bush is for the bush in the pic below which is for the 997 gen1 C2s from what i was told but that isnt the bush i have in my gearbox!

Ok in the link below is the bush i have in my gearbox and from what it looks like its a boxster bush ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Moun...ash=item4b126e0f38:g:tS4AAOSwt7pXLsLO&vxp=mtr

Bloooody hell, engine mount bushing? If thats the case then its a solid mount bush meaning i wont need to fit an insert to stiffen the gearbox ??

J

Attachments

• function_first_transmission_mount_178.jpg
    function_first_transmission_mount_178.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3,724
Maybe the bush has been replaced in the past with an cheaper non Porsche part???

J you have lost me mate . I have no idea whats fitted to your car if its not the one in the pic with the insert. :?: :dont know:

basildon993 said:
Maybe the bush has been replaced in the past with an cheaper non Porsche part???

I am lost .com

Further to the search it seems like porsche has fitted a bush that supose to be fitted in a tiptronic gearbox that has the twin mounting bracket for turbo, gt3 etc... into my gen1 manual gearbox.. and i think the kind of insert that will fit this bush would the in the pic below ....

Attachments

• pfr57_531_lr1_918.jpg
    pfr57_531_lr1_918.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 3,656
Aghh now i understand , i thought you were replacing the bush , not fitting these insert things .. :oops:

Probably best to ignore anything ive said as i no nothing about these things , i would just replace the bush if worn .

I blame Phil :)

Never ask me anything if it involves moding stuff ...

Im off to hide under a rock now and not come out for a while ... :shoot:

Demort said:
Aghh now i understand , i thought you were replacing the bush , not fitting these insert things .. :oops:

Probably best to ignore anything ive said as i no nothing about these things , i would just replace the bush if worn .

I blame Phil :)

Never ask me anything if it involves moding stuff ...

Im off to hide under a rock now and not come out for a while ... :shoot:

Hahahahahahaha.... no worries!!! Ok case closed then... ill find an alternative for inserts :)

Thanks all for your input to this gen 1 gearbox mount mystery !!

J

:floor: :floor: I get the blame for everything. J sent FF a message explain whats happened see if they can send you a tip insert and sell your manual one on here or fleabay. They are very nice people at FF and I am sure they will try and help. The other option is to pick up a used manual mount and fit that and the FF insert. :thumb: :thumb: Iain you can come out from under that rock now mate :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

I guess whoever at Porsche fitted that mount wouldnt ever expect it to cause an issue as they would just replace the mount and not fit an insert.

Phil 997 said:
:floor: :floor: I get the blame for everything. J sent FF a message explain whats happened see if they can send you a tip insert and sell your manual one on here or fleabay. They are very nice people at FF and I am sure they will try and help. The other option is to pick up a used manual mount and fit that and the FF insert. :thumb: :thumb: Iain you can come out from under that rock now mate :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

I guess whoever at Porsche fitted that mount wouldnt ever expect it to cause an issue as they would just replace the mount and not fit an insert.

Hahahahahaha, no worries, im planning to get the correct bush and get to change it sometime, so ill hang on the the inserts and use them at a later time. :)

Cheers

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back