Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM different antenna plugs - what is diversity antenna!

stefant

Trainee
Hi hope someone on here can help. I am fitting a new double din kenwood unit.

On the back of the PCM2 I have a black plug and a yellow plug. Both are apparently for the antenna - one (black) being the windscreen and one being a diversity antenna (yellow)

What is the difference and do you think the diversity one could be used for a dab antenna (using the correct connector?)

Was planning on using the black one for the standard antenna

The diversity antenna is basically 2 antennas , its used for when the signal is weak , ie in urban enviroments , its fitted under the scuttle panel by the pollen filter .

Blurb here ...

Antenna diversity, also known as space diversity or spatial diversity, is any one of several wireless diversity schemes that uses two or more antennas to improve the quality and reliability of a wireless link.

I dont know if a Dab would work on it as dab is digital , it would depend on the diversity control unit which i guess is the pcm being able to convert the signal.

Not my area im afraid but untill someone more knowledgable comes along then its a start .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back