Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Battery life

coopertrooper2001

I drive my car every day during the week. Last week I shut the car off at 6pm Thursday. Got in this morning and on key position 2 the voltmeter was between 10 and 12. A momentary slow crank and then started fine.

Two questions:

1. What is the average battery life? I replaced it with a Bosch silver something in 2014.

2. When does it go into sleep mode - after 5 days?

I would expect a quality modern battery to last 10 years and yes, 5 days for the sleep mode.

Mike

Sometimes they don't last long at all.

My battery kept dying even thought the amp meter displayed a good output so I put a new battery on and all was fine for a couple of weeks then the alternator died, shorted and took out the new battery with it.

So I ended up with 2 x batteries in less than a month Dohhh!

As its got a 4 year warranty, you could always email bosch and ask them, or before you do that i believe alot of garages have a device to test the capacity of batteries. I changed mine a few years ago and its such an easy job, i had to change my wifes focus battery (2012 plate original battery) and it was so awkward to change. That died last thursday and again this tuesday but shes on mat leave and has been doing lots of short journeys so i think its killed the battery and its not holding its charge.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back