Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Norfolk Police join the GT gang

mrgrey said:
I believe the connection with Porsche Tonbridge is that the company is owned by Graham Dacre via holding companies, he has been very successful over the years in the motor industry and became a philanthropist in recent years through the Lind Trust based in Norfolk.
Im sure someone will be along soon to confirm or correct my thinking.
There is a lot about him on the web, quite a generous man.

Terry T8 I'm surprised you haven't met him being as you spend so much time taking that turbo in for warranty repairs at Tonbridge !!!

The Lind Trust being based in Norfolk was the connection to the original post that I hadn't realised.

Thanks to you and GT4 for the education. :thumb:

Good PR, and no doubt will still be worth over list price after the two years are up...

..with one careful owner!! :cop: :lol:

alex yates said:
I think its a good idea. The cooler Police are made to look, the more respect and cooperation they gain off the kids.

Its totally disgusting how some people view and talk to the officers of the law. They're only doing their job.

Agree with your views on the police.

alex yates said:
I think its a good idea. The cooler Police are made to look, the more respect and cooperation they gain off the kids.

I agree. I've been to a few Norfolk County Shows and the like (my parents live there) and they are very well attended by a surprising number of young'uns. Usually one or two plod will be there with a car and the Fire Brigade/Ambulance Service likewise. This kind of car would pull a good crowd all day.

Great way to interact with kids and adults alike. If we want policing by consent (and who doesn't?) then this is one way of helping achieve it. Yes of course it's a PR stunt - that's the whole point.

The tie up and financials all make sense too (interesting info, thanks GT4) - the car will likely have low miles at the end of the 2 years and be worth plenty for the charity. What's not to like?

Cheers,
Mark

T8 said:
mrgrey said:
I believe the connection with Porsche Tonbridge is that the company is owned by Graham Dacre via holding companies, he has been very successful over the years in the motor industry and became a philanthropist in recent years through the Lind Trust based in Norfolk.
Im sure someone will be along soon to confirm or correct my thinking.
There is a lot about him on the web, quite a generous man.

Terry T8 I'm surprised you haven't met him being as you spend so much time taking that turbo in for warranty repairs at Tonbridge !!!

The Lind Trust being based in Norfolk was the connection to the original post that I hadn't realised.

Thanks to you and GT4 for the education. :thumb:

Graham, the chairman started out selling wheel barrows, then cars, then
got into property (where he made his money). Then he went back into cars
and motorbikes. OPC Tonbridge is the only Porsche dealership still retained,
along with various Harley Davidson dealerships. His car collection is truly
mind boggling 😉

alex yates said:
Its totally disgusting how some people view and talk to the officers of the law. They're only doing their job.

I agree. If an exercise such as this can prevent any officer from being referred to as "A PIG" then it's all been worthwhile.

Hang on a minute.............!!!

img_1031.jpg

Doh!! :floor:

FLC is also the acronym for Fun Lovin' Criminals :grin:

Who the hell chose this plate? :?

madge said:
alex yates said:

I agree. If an exercise such as this can prevent any officer from being referred to as "A PIG" then it's all been worthwhile.

Hang on a minute.............!!!

img_1031.jpg

Doh!! :floor:

Now I hope they dont go placing cleverly placed fixing bolts to potentially misrepresent any wording on that plate !

:cop: :cop: :D :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steamy
Back