Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Norfolk Police join the GT gang

Stuart Mackay

img_1049.jpg

Police in Norfolk have been given a Porsche Cayman GT4 which will be used to break down barriers with young drivers and help officers deliver life-saving road safety advice.

The vehicle has been donated to the Constabulary by the Lind Trust, a charity which supports the development of young people in Norwich and Norfolk.

The GT4 has been donated to the force for two years for the purpose of engaging with motorists around road safety – young drivers in particular.

Complete with police livery and interior blue lights, it will be at the forefront of police engagement and education with young drivers under the #Porsche999 hashtag.

https://www.norfolk.police.uk/news/...onstabulary-break-down-barriers-young-drivers

img_1031.jpg

img_1226_low.jpg

4q8a1239_0.jpg

:hand:
Wonder if they paid list price, or list price + 30% like everyone else has to do second-hand. :?:

I just can't see the point in that at all .... all the blurb doesn't mean a thing ..... what a load of codswallop....
All just a PR stunt ........

Do they have automobiles in Norfolk yet?

911tom said:
Do they have automobiles in Norfolk yet?

Erm - Lotus ... :hand:

DRZ911 said:
:hand:
Wonder if they paid list price, or list price + 30% like everyone else has to do second-hand. :?:

I suspect it is on loan from Porsche Centre Tonbridge

GT4 said:

:?

Why Tonbridge :?:

The vehicle has been donated to the Constabulary by the Lind Trust

Don't they still think knives & Forks are jewelry in Norfolk ?
And electricity is the work of the devil ?

:floor:

T8 said:
GT4 said:

:?

Why Tonbridge :?:

Because the Dacre family (Lind Group) own/run/finance both.

If the Lind Trust bought a Porsche, they'd do it through their own Lind Group dealership for both financial and control/access reasons (this is even more likely given the GT4's availability)

GT4.1 was a Lind Porsche
My BMW R9T is a Lind BMW

Some of the proceeds from both went to the Lind Trust

I believe the connection with Porsche Tonbridge is that the company is owned by Graham Dacre via holding companies, he has been very successful over the years in the motor industry and became a philanthropist in recent years through the Lind Trust based in Norfolk.
Im sure someone will be along soon to confirm or correct my thinking.
There is a lot about him on the web, quite a generous man.

Terry T8 I'm surprised you haven't met him being as you spend so much time taking that turbo in for warranty repairs at Tonbridge !!!

See above (edited to add the GT4.1/R9T detail, which would have been one edit, if only auto correct could spell)

Technically, his son Russ now owns and has grown the new Lind Group (most of the original group was sold to Inchcape, keeping their favourite bits, like Tonbridge, and that sale provided the bulk of the Trust's initial funding)

I think its a good idea. The cooler Police are made to look, the more respect and cooperation they gain off the kids.

Its totally disgusting how some people view and talk to the officers of the law. They're only doing their job.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back