Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Misc

If need be I always use credit cards with interest free deals. You can usually get them over a 2yr period. Benefit to that, apart from no interest, is they can't get their hands on the money if its written off. You can even get over 40 month deals now around 3% transfer fee.

Halifax are aggressively entering the car finance market BUT you have to be an existing customer with at least 3 months history of the current account being used to pay bills.

Clysdale. There is a thread on the Macan owners forum of a couple of guys there who are doing great deals on porsches. Depends on how your financing but they seem c2.5% under Porsche APR.

I am 2 months out of date now but always compare cost of finance v cost of funding fully. They where the best comparable I could find.

Tesco finance. I got 3.8% in October. A deciding factor when buying my 996 X50

Tesco don't do car financing, they are straight loan repayments. You will always get cheaper APR on those as you are paying off the loan in full over the term. They are also usually capped at £25k. The car financing which most people want is based on lower monthly payments but with a balloon payment at the end of term. This can be secured with a higher debt ie to purchase a more expensive car. The APR is higher as there is more interest charged.

I only quoted the best finance providers and not loan providers.

Hi

I took out £25k loan to support my purchase from Tesco, couldn't believe how good the rate was.

alex yates said:
If need be I always use credit cards with interest free deals. You can usually get them over a 2yr period. Benefit to that, apart from no interest, is they can't get their hands on the money if its written off. You can even get over 40 month deals now around 3% transfer fee.

:agree:

+ it's covered by the card lender should you need any back up if the purchase goes wrong.

Then when before the end of the 0% period is up take out another card to close the remaining balance.

There's absolutely no need to have any APR for the first years. If you don't take the advice you're giving away money to lenders which could be ploughed into a card to clear more of the loan at 0% finance.

Obviously it's your choice as it's your money. :thumb:

I'd imagine that having lots of credit outstanding on cards would not be a good thing for credit rating either, not to mention one is assuming that good 0% deals will always exist when its time to roll it over. A proper finance deal or loan over a period gives more certainty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back