Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which 997.1 3.8?

daz parker said:
Funny story! That's the actual one I was going to compare against.

I was surprised to see all six barrels had been done.

It's only 101 miles away.

If I only didn't have to work I'd be straight there!

That does look like a bargain! £10k engine rebuild only 6k miles ago!

Pull a sickie and go look at it tomorrow! :thumb:

What's going on with the exhaust? It has the PSE button but the wrong tailpipes?

Either way I'll be surprised if that's still available this time tomorrow.

Finne said:
@#$$!! Too tired, misunderstood Alex's post wrong way round :eek:
So, yes manual less prone to scoring.

:floor: :floor: :floor: Finne its all those long days and short nights you guys have. but yes I drive my tip only on the rockers so I stay in the right gear for the speed inc pulling away in 1st and not the default auto 2nd gear and reduce the strain on the engine , I also like driving like that as its like a manual for lazy guys :floor: :thumb: :grin:

Finne said:
@#$$!! Too tired, misunderstood Alex's post wrong way round :eek:
So, yes manual less prone to scoring.

:grin:

I must admit - I had to think about it when I wrote it.

That's been on AT for around 3 weeks now, it's an SCS rebuild, using Hartech liners. There's also a black one in Essex that's had the rebuild at Hartech that has been listed for 5 or 6 weeks that's now a grand less.

alex yates said:
This one's bargain of the week - full 6 pack!!!!!!!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704033999111

Did this go, the link not working? I was at the airport on a Sunday morning waiting to board a flight when I saw the right turbo, I'd been looking for months for a GEN 1.5 I rang and put a deposit down. First job when I got back was drive and get it, that holiday couldn't finish quick enough 😂😂

If it's right don't hang about!!

Pearcy said:
it's an SCS rebuild, using Hartech liners.

What's SCS?
:?:

alex yates said:
adamw said:
Pearcy said:

What's SCS?

http://www.scsporsche.co.uk/

The garage that did the work (engine removal, etc.), they then sent the engine for the boring out, new liners fitted, etc. to Hartech.

Thanks, got it now..
So Hartech did the actual engine work then :thumb:
Must say, sounds like a great car

alex yates said:
adamw said:
Pearcy said:

What's SCS?

The garage that did the work (engine removal, etc.), they then sent the engine for the boring out, new liners fitted, etc. to Hartech.

Not sure how the car engine was removed in Honiton but the owner lives in Stoke Upon Trent unless he has moved or bought the car after the engine was rebuilt.

adamw said:
alex yates said:
adamw said:
Pearcy said:

What's SCS?

Thanks, got it now..
So Hartech did the actual engine work then :thumb:
Must say, sounds like a great car

Hartech only fitted the liners, SCS did the strip down and rebuild.

Looking at the invoice on the listing - some of it, but how much I don't know.

The important bit is all the original pistons and liners have been replaced and now the engine's a closed decker, as well as plenty of other stuff replaced or upgraded.

I'd have that any day over a Gen II DFI.

My 2penneth to the OP, I wouldn`t touch a 3.8S unless the engine had been COMPLETELY rebuilt and futureproofed ( as far as they can ) by Hartech :thumb:

I have never personally met a 997.1 3.8S owner who hasn`t had the engine rebuilt or replaced, so that is a 100% failure rate as far as I am concerned :grin:

I believe Hartech have a 997.2 DFI engine in for a rebuild/ re-engineering due to bore scoring as a we speak :dont know:

Like I said, my 2penneth :thumbs:

kurlykris said:
My 2penneth to the OP, I wouldn`t touch a 3.8S unless the engine had been COMPLETELY rebuilt and futureproofed ( as far as they can ) by Hartech :thumb:

I have never personally met a 997.1 3.8S owner who hasn`t had the engine rebuilt or replaced, so that is a 100% failure rate as far as I am concerned :grin:

I believe Hartech have a 997.2 DFI engine in for a rebuild/ re-engineering due to bore scoring as a we speak :dont know:

Like I said, my 2penneth :thumbs:

Kris , dont you get out much mate, :floor: :floor: :floor: sorry bud I couldn't resist that :thumb: :thumb: :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back