Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help please, ordered the wrong part

dac67

leaking from my 2006 C2, was told by my local mechanic he thought it was the Oil Pump Scavange pump in cylinder head, now found out its not.
My mate has taken a photo of the leaking part

Any ideas please

He reckons its a porous metal so leaking from the seal ( very small amount)

thanks in advance

Attachments

• img_20170414_wa0000_137.jpg
    img_20170414_wa0000_137.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 2,189
Search this forum for tandem pump .. youll find an awfull lot of info on it where to buy etc etc.

The metal cover has rusted through , it looks like its not far off totally going so replacement sooner rather than later i feel :)

Here is the part from Autodoc that Phil sourced :thumb: Much cheaper than Porsche or D911.

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/pierburg/7890260

Just had mine fitted and all good. Send them an email and ask for discount code for an extra 5% off! Worked for me :D

that pump cover is not long for this world....

As Rob has already said the Tandem from autodoc is the cheapest there is and the OE part is made by Pierburg , dont worry the ad does not list the 997.1 it is the right part mine is fitted and working and yes ask them for car club discount they should offer a further 5% off :thumb: :thumb:

Part on it's way, much cheaper than else where (MUCH)

Thanks again for all the help

dac67 said:
Part on it's way, much cheaper than else where (MUCH)

Thanks again for all the help

Perfect, thats a maintenance box ticked :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back