Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Yet another air v. water review - as if we need to be told..

Caught the end of something Hammond did on old Top Gear last night, new 911 v old, although the old was a custom built Singer so hardly a real world comparison.

Certainly interesting though and made me laugh when he said the beards came out with pitch forks when Porsche changed to electric based power steering :).

For me it has to be that transition from air to water cooled that did it, and it's right there at that transition where the sweet spot exists
:thumb:

Trev

Cameltoe & Heel said:
For me it has to be that transition from air to water cooled that did it, and it's right there at that transition where the sweet spot exists
:thumb:

Trev

You are so right, whilst the obvious change was the method of cooling the engine, so many things changed the moment the 996 arrived. It was essentially the end of the hand built, low volume 911 . . . the end of an era.

:bandit:

HPNer said:
It was essentially the end of the hand built, low volume 911 . . . the end of an era.

:bandit:

And doing your dough :what:

I was more bothered by the transition from an engineering led product to a marketing led one to the extent that the newer car is more style over substance.

I was having this discussion with a friend who has since lost his 996 to a failed IMS.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back