Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 911 997 GT3 RS MK II Clubsport, Lift, 90 L tank.

McQueen

Hi everyone.

Looking for a car to keep for some time, many many years, to enjoy, to be part of, can't seem to get me head around what it will be, a 911 yes, but classic, GT or a special?

What does anyone think the value is of a:

Porsche 911 997 GT3 RS MK II
LHD (I live in EU).
35,000 Km

The blurb is:

Porsche 997 GT3 RS MKII in an outstanding condition!! And rare color scheme. - Overrev report included - 111 Point Check included - New Front Brake Discs & Pads - 4 New Michelin Cup 2 Tires - Last Service at 31.009 Km incl Spark Plugs - Full Original Spec - Fully Detailed by Gyeon Mohs Paint Protection - Brand New Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires Color Combination: Grauschwarz Exterior Gold Striping and Wheels Black Leather Dashboard & Bucket Seats in Fabric Configuration: - Clubsport Pack - Alcantara Roof Lining - Bi Xenon headlights - GT3 Steering Wheel in Alcantara - Red Seatbelts - Bucket Seats - 90 Liter Fuel Tank - Hydraulic Lift Function - Kontrastfarbe Gold GT3 RS - PASM - Sport Chrono Pack - Universal Media - Tire Pressure Control - 19' GT3 RS Wheels with Central Locking - And so on....!

I like cars that are a little bit different looking, in a condition that is good and i will enjoy to maintain it and drives like an individual car, with its own character.

I have had 2 911 but I'm very very new to the knowledge and there are many great 911 minds on here, so what do you think?

Thanks,

McQueen.

Attachments

• gt3rs_351.jpg
    gt3rs_351.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 5,198
http://www.top555.co.uk/stock/details/Porsche-911-U3444/

don't know about the EU market but a RHD here in the UK is posted above. As I am likely never to be able to afford one it isn't something I have done a great deal of research on BUT Top555 had 2 991 GT3RS next to the 997 one linked above and I have to say I thought I would probably go for the 997 if I was in a position to chose when I was looking at them in the showroom.

The one you have pictured is just stunning and must surely be very unique.

Thank you Monkeynutz, cool name by the way.

It looks very unique in this colour scheme, i wonder if anyone one else has ever seen this colour way before...?

The link you sent for the UK car, it looks awesome, they have quite a few 991's on there as well.

Appreciate your comments and look forward to some more input from the 911 'gals and guys' later i hope?

Can anyone comment about owning this particular model?

Thanks,

McQueen.

McQueen said:
It looks very unique in this colour scheme, i wonder if anyone one else has ever seen this colour way before...?

It is a standard colour for the car and I have seen quite a few. The 3.8RS was offered in that colour (GreyBlack), Aqua blue or Carrara white with decals in either red or "weissgold". Anecdotally the least common is the "spiderman" spec (blue with red decals, which most people tend not to like the look of) and the most often seen are the white ones (with the red being slightly more common than the gold). The GreyBlack/Gold and Aqua/Gold ones are out there, but not as common as the white or the GreyBlack/Red and seem to be sought after as a consequence.

There are of course also "paint to sample" examples out there which are much rarer and generally command a premium though.

Thanks Colin,

Appreciate the information, always fascinating to learn more about each model or range, I will look for a 'Spiderman' (just to look) can't say I have noticed one so far?

How about living with a 997 GT3 CS, what are the highlights of your car if you don't mind me enquiring?

Thanks,

McQueen.

Is this Spiderman..?

Attachments

• spidermangt3rs_950.jpg
    spidermangt3rs_950.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 5,093
That's the one. Personally I love the colour combo of the spiderman and would get one tomorrow if I could.

Bit like the viper green 997 mk1 rs....unloved colour when new but now they are like rocking horse poop and most wanted. Always loved the colour. Limited supply so premiums for them now.

McQueen that rs is lovely with the colour combo and spec. Just buy it while u can and enjoy every moment driving it. It's a stunner.

McQueen said:
Is this Spiderman..?

I'm sure he had a boxster...

ZJwo3_R6aQ.jpg

:floor:

Thanks guys, very informative and great to know what others think about the 997 GT3 RS colours.

I'm on the case, going to set up a viewing and test next week, I'll get in touch with the dealer to see how the land lies.

It was a gut feeling thing for me, saw the car and thought, thats the one.

More updates to follow and would appreciate more comments from the forum if there are any.

Cheers,

McQueen.

NLW73 said:
Bit like the viper green 997 mk1 rs....unloved colour when new but now they are like rocking horse poop and most wanted.

Yes and no - while they are indeed rare and desirable, with the 997.1 RS the real unicorn tears paint scheme was the silver and orange one. Which nobody wants right up until they see how it looks when you change the stickers and orange bits to the black decals from the orange or green cars. Thus white 997.1 RSs are far more often sighted (despite white only being added as an option on late production cars and was charged at full paint to sample price).

McQueen said:
How about living with a 997 GT3 CS, what are the highlights of your car if you don't mind me enquiring?

The obvious highlight is that every time you drive it, it never stops feeling special. It talks to you in that you really can feel the road through the steering in a similar way to a 996 GT3 but out of the box it is an appreciably better road car. Mine is set up with a track friendly geometry but at standard ride height so it is still thoroughly usable as a road car but has hilarious levels of grip (so at road speeds, when sight lines are sufficient you don't need to slow down to throw it around roundabouts for example. The turn-in is completely addictive). And when you put your foot down and open it up, frankly the whole world just feels a better place. But to really get a GT3, you have to take it on the track, run the tyres up to temperature and let it do its thing. And then you get the final party piece - at the end of a day on track you simply put more air back in the tyres, turn the PCM console back on, line up some music and cruise control home in comfort. It surely is the embodiment of the genuine drivers car where you can have your metaphorical cake and eat it.

The only downsides are that as with all manual GT3s the transmission feels somewhat agricultural until the gearbox oil is up to temperature and of course it is not a car to get caught in a 2 hour traffic jam in (if you are doing less than 6mph then you are on the clutch. Once you have become accustomed to it you won't notice the weight of the clutch in normal day to day or high performance driving, but having to nibble at it in crawling traffic is no fun nor overly good for it).

Thanks to everyone, great feedback, think the seller is on holiday but I'm pushing for an answer from the current owner.

When theres more to tell, I'll be updating the forum, can't wait to see the RS in the 'metal'....!

McQueen.

Over Rev Report - 997 GT3 RS

Over Rev Report (I hope)

Never seen one, new ground here for my experience.

Hoping for plenty of comments.

Thanks,

McQueen

Attachments

• overrev_820.jpg
    overrev_820.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 4,798
That's not a proper over-rev report pulled from a PIWIS machine. The real report would tell you when (in engine hours) the last incursion into each range occurred. The PIWIS report would give you the VIN number pulled from the ECU and some other stuff such as flash count so you'd know if it had ever been remapped. Personally, that's what I'd need to see to make a decision. You really need to push to get that from the seller.

That said, those numbers are trivial and there's no need to worry about them. What is a bit more concerning is that the average speed works out to be just under 80kmh whereas a more "normal" average is around 50kmh. Again, there may be an innocent explanation for this but you should ask some searching questions as to previous use...

Thank you Nick, I had a suspicion that it was not the actual report from the machine, I appreciate your advice and information.

I will push for your suggested information, report and previous use in order to provide the necessary peace of mind.

Thanks so much.

McQueen.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back