Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911tom's 3.8l engine build

911tom said:
Haha well it's me screaming when I press the accelerator this time not a supercharger!

Shotgun...again...please..
give_rose.gif

I have just added a small update to the first page for those that are interested

Cheers Jin. Just added a few pics of the ohlins.

911tom said:
Cheers Jin. Just added a few pics of the ohlins.

Very nice, do you mind me asking how much the Ohlins setup costs?

Thanks Ken. And couldn't agree more on the dyno numbers. I might have to take it to another set of rollers so I can have a piece of paper that says it is 900hp :D

Strangely enough my car at TV last year was running a genuine 540HP but did alright. Even more strangely when it was mapped and dyno'd by another outfit a couple of years before it was running 590HP but was slower. Problem is a lot of the 'bolt on' numbers come from the US and as we all know everything is bigger over there!

Looks like a stonking motor Tom, that's going to fly. Power curve looks strong, glad to see it keeps rising rather than flattening off like a lot of the U.S motors do. It must be bonkers to drive on the road :lol:

Bad news, my car will not be at TV next weekend after the gearbox decided to ***** itself Thursday morning. Looks like the engine will be coming back out next week and the box sent to Germany for them to diagnose. Absolute disaster but life could be worse.

I will still be coming to TV. Will take the van just for comedy value :D

great story so far Tom :thumb: I will be watching this with great interest :wink:

Any update on gearbox?

Was it just a tip thing or is the manual box susceptible to the same problems?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back