Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Barn Find Refurbishment

Re: IMPORTANT PART

BruceyBonus61 said:
Almost forgot to mention that the most important part has now been fitted :D

Amazing progress. I fear your widget is incorrectly positioned though - should go in the wiper blade under the arm in a specially sized opening.

mohitos said:
BruceyBonus61 said:

I fear your widget is incorrectly positioned though - show go in the bald but under the admin a specially sized opening.

Strange, seems to fit very well and same as the middle pic on Type911 site on how it should be fitted?

https://estore-sslserver.eu/type911...ca1-377e-432e-84fd-bdccf2206766/Products/6975

How very embarrassing :?:

I know. I feel bad for you, but better to get the humiliation out of the way early :dont know:

Have a look at the third picture, taken from PET. The widget goes further along the wiper sits below the wiper arm, I guess so it can't fall off. I'll take a photo tomorrow if still unclear :thumb:

I can't believe I drove around for 12 years with my widget in the wrong position .... I feel so ashamed :sad:

:eek:

Widget location from our very own JonTTT
2013-04-07082337.jpg

RobIpswichUK said:
Widget location from our very own JonTTT
2013-04-07082337.jpg

IIRC, Jonttt installed PIAA wipers, which don't have the dedicated place for a widget. OPC supplied wipers have a special place. Never meet your heroes widgets :dont know:

mohitos said:
- show go in the bald but under the admin a specially sized opening.

Wot? :dont know:

Robertb said:
mohitos said:
- show go in the bald but under the admin a specially sized opening.

Wot? :dont know:

God knows :floor: Don't even recall drinking THAT much over the weekend. What I meant to say was:

'I fear your widget is incorrectly positioned though - should go in the wiper blade under the arm in a specially sized opening.'

mohitos said:
BruceyBonus61 said:

Amazing progress. I fear your widget is incorrectly positioned though - should go in the wiper blade under the arm in a specially sized opening.

That's the benefit of Illuminati membership as you get tested on this during the interview I believe :grin:

........ I will be wanting help with my wiper blades and consequently the "widget" this weekend ....... but I will be amongst many other 993 owners and dare I say ...... some of them renown illuminati ...... so I fear not ...... ;)

Wiper widget position 1

Attachments

• img_0369_984.jpg
    img_0369_984.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 4,010
Wiper widget position 2

Attachments

• img_0370_159.jpg
    img_0370_159.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 4,008
HSC911 said:
911TEL said:
Zingari said:
I almost thought this was going to be a 'George Eaton' car but you've actually seen it :grin:

Speak to an expert before you attempt to start it :thumb:

:floor: :grin: :floor: :floor:

George Eaton..!,,

He will go down in the 'annals' or is it 'annals' of history .....!!

:floor:

Major George to you

tank.gif

I see he has popped up again yesterday ....wishing GT4 a happy birthday .....there is life in the ' old military man' yet .....

:roll:

911TEL said:
HSC911 said:
911TEL said:
Zingari said:
I almost thought this was going to be a 'George Eaton' car but you've actually seen it :grin:

Speak to an expert before you attempt to start it :thumb:

:floor: :grin: :floor: :floor:

George Eaton..!,,

He will go down in the 'annals' or is it 'annals' of history .....!!

:floor:

Major George to you

tank.gif

I see he has popped up again yesterday ....wishing GT4 a happy birthday .....there is life in the ' old military man' yet .....

:roll:

George is a fun guy :thumbs:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back