Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tidying up the front end

gunner

Made a few changes to the rear of the car last year (911 badge, colour coded spoiler, wiper delete) so time to sharpen up the front...

S6ZH1ey.jpg

Splitter has been there a while but the headlight lenses and ducts are recent additions.

Apologies for the pic, quick one at the station this morning.

I like that, very nice. Paint job has lustre too. But then I'm bias as it's Aventura!

Looks stunning! What ducks did you go for, are they the ones with LED's :thumb:

They're ducts only, no lights.

I did ducts with spots over the winter ....... also replaced the running lights ........ only bit that now needs replacing is the rear reflector .......

Luckily my rear reflector actually looks fine.

..... mine looks OK because I have had it lacquered ....... but that will only last for so long .......

madalaa said:
I did ducts with spots over the winter ....... also replaced the running lights ........ only bit that now needs replacing is the rear reflector .......

madalaa, Have you posted any photos of your updated front end?

I still have the original fog lights and side lights (although I have fitted TorB's LED side lights).
I have been looking at the combined ducts and LED lights (on offer by the shop in Beckenham), however I am not sure what the LEDS actually do, are they Fogs, Spots, or side lights and which switch would they work from (side light or Fog light)?

Thanks

motivator said:
Have you posted any photos of your updated front end?

I still have the original fog lights and side lights (although I have fitted TorB's LED side lights).
I have been looking at the combined ducts and LED lights (on offer by the shop in Beckenham), however I am not sure what the LEDS actually do, are they Fogs, Spots, or side lights and which switch would they work from (side light or Fog light)?

Thanks

I've just had some of those fitted. They act as sidelights off the usual switch, and the fogs are now redundant (never been used anyway!).
I just think I now need to get a set of 'Ambers' to finish this off - if anyone fancies a swap for some 'Clears' :?:

Finished2003_zpsagjg5voc.jpg

motivator said:
madalaa said:

madalaa, Have you posted any photos of your updated front end?

Thanks

......... no not as yet ....... but will do at some stage soon ....... after the trip to wales.

Andy, Thanks for the confirmation of the lights and switch.

Madalaa, Looking forward to the photos, I am off to Cornwall this weekend, the first long run in mine I have had since I bought it :D

I have a set of excellent condition factory Aero 1B side skirts too match your front corners going cheap if interested. Drop me a PM and I can send pics.

gunner said:
Splitter has been there a while but the headlight lenses and ducts are recent additions.
Very nice :thumbs: I think the Aero splitter really suits the darker colours especially. On the wishlist I think...

motivator said:
There's another type I keep looking at, it gives you ducts, fogs and side lights (if you go for the TechArt product).
More info here: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=108233

Finally got round to uploading a picture of my new look front end ........

DSCN3056_zpslgwrxh6f.jpg

Quick update in slightly better light

mVd1QGp.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back