Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Squealing like a pig!!!

rstaichi

Can somebody please help me who understands my pain!! I know this topic has been covered many times before but it's driving me up the wall :frustrated:
I can't seem to fix my squealing breaks! Ive had the pads changed twice from Pagid to Brembos, re-coopered twice and the disks are not even a year old? It happens under high speed driving and low speed around town which is soooooo anoying :frustrated:
Please please can someone tell me how to rid this horrible high pitched noise for good :sad:

You may have a little pad lift which is making the pads stick. I don't use the anti squeal shims but use Wurth's anti squeal spray and a little Optimoly on the sides of the pads (Textar). The 944 squealed terribly with Pagid Yellows and produced loads of dust, that's now on Textars. The dust buld up and disc wear was causing bad squealing which a good pressure hose relieved for a while.
The 993 has never squealed and dust buld up is minimal. I don't use the wear sensors either.

Hi,

I had the same problem with Pagid and another OEM brand, once I installed Textar problem was solved.

ATB :)

Thanks for the advice guys, its now booked in next tuesday for new Textar pads all round and deleting the ware sensors and anti squeal shims fingers crossed this might stop the horrible squealing!! :thumb:

Well i've been running the Textar pads now for one week and no signs of squealing also had the anti squeal sensors removed . Cheers guys im a really happy bunny!!

Hi rstaichi,

Good to hear the squeal has gone :thumb:

I replaced all my discs and pads last September with Brembo. I thought that matching the pads and the discs was the right way to go, but no :x I too have squealing as the car comes to a stop. I will be putting my partly worn Textars back on now that the discs are well bedded in to see if the sequel disappears which I'm sure it will from past experience.

Moral of the story... stick with Textar!

ATB :)

Yeah i have just removed the Brembo pads which were only 6 months old in favour for the Textars, so far so good :thumb:

Interesting - I have Brembo disks and pads on the rear and mine squeal too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back