Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cayman / Boxster GTS or Boxster Spyder

Hammy969

Hello,

Looking for advice. I currently own a 981 Cayman, bought it new in 2014 for daily use for my other half and some weekend fun. Circumstances changed and the Cayman was retired from daily duties after a year and is now a weekend or holiday driver.

I am considering changing it for something else. I have driven both of the 718 Boxster S and Cayman S. While the 4T engines is much stronger than the 6 I personally miss the noise. I am looking at Cayman GTS but my OPC has come up with a Spyder at a reasonable deal. The only issue I am concerned with the Spyder is the sports suspension which is lower than the PASM equipped GTS.

Now the drive is the main thing for me, but I am not going to lie that I am looking to minimise my depreciation or even get some appreciation if that is possible.

Any views would be appreciated.

Stewart

If depreciation is your priority then it would have to be the Speedster as long as you can live with the 'rag top' roof and lack of rear visibility. As you can't spec these with reversing sensors make sure it has the camera fitted otherwise it will be a 'Chuckle Bros' affair as you try to park it :what:

GTS will be a far better drive and the trade off is you'll lose a few in folding but then again sometimes enjoyment aint free.

Personally I'd bung in another 15 bags and buy a GT4 :thumb:

Hi Guys,

I can't do cabs as I get horrendous hay fever, but having spent the weekend bumbling around in my GT4 I have to agree with Zingari its a riot of a car and more than the sum of its parts. I can't think a 981 spyder is much less fun and quite rare so should be a safe place for your money.

Personally I quite like stiff cars as long as well damped and I don't find it a particularly hard ride and its a go kart of a chassis.

Hello,

Thank you for the advice guys. I personally prefer a hard top but after a test drive in the Spyder it was a no brainer. The thoughts of value and residuals disappeared into the back ground.
I couldn't contain the smile and the deal was done! Just got to sort out the Insurance and another few details.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back