Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Spoiler adjustment

356downunder

Trainee
Another spoiler adjustment question....but not one that I think has been answered before??

I've got a C2S - it was private import to New Zealand from the UK back in 2004. (First UK owner was a Bob Nelson and the rego was 180 FLY). Along the way eEther he or a subsequent owner installed a Turbo tail on the car

Late last year I did the split grill spoiler conversion back to original - it was assembled with meticulous care and every single item on the lid, spoiler, motor etc. is exactly correct as per the manual right down to every washer and fastening.

After installing the spoiler back onto the lid, whenever the spoiler was in the fully closed position it was initially a bit tight and I lost some of my new paint due to slight rubbing but after getting the spacers (or desk pads according to the manual) sorted out and the micro-switch adjusted it is now perfect on all 3 sides except for the top LH corner where the spoiler base moulding is sitting a bit to low (ie a bit tight.)...its not rubbing so thats great.

The problem I have is that if I remove a spacer to give this top corner a bit more clearance then of course it results in the lower corner on the same side having to much clearance !!

It's as if I need a 'half spacer" which would enable the adjustment of the corners independently of each other if you get what I mean.

I'm almost wondering if this new base moulding which was part of the split grill kit was slightly out ex factory.

Any thoughts, suggestions would be much appreciated
Thanks
Bob

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filipesalette
Back