Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Red interiors

To be honest ive always liked red interior, i dont see anything wrong but everyone has different tastes, my interior is Midnight Blue, wasnt really my taste but it grew on me and i wouldnt change it!!!

J

Maxie said:
MaxA said:
I reckon that was specced out here in Dubai. When I was looking for the 911, a fair few came with the whale red insides, and almost 9/10 M3s came with the full red boudoir interior. I steered clear. :wack:
In RHD....? Besides...no fire extinguisher, so highly unlikely to be a UAE car.

~ Maxie

I was just kidding. Funnily enough I don't have a fire extinguisher in my Dubai car, even though the GTI came with one.

I do like a red interior, but imo it is a bit too much with the cream... If it was a Cocoa interior with cream exterior that would be very nice!.

My Cayman was a Silver/Cocoa combo and it definitely made the car feel special. As long as 'you' like it who cares.. :)

I've had a cream 911 stunning and commented on wherever it went. Also a silver 993 with a boxster red interior. Not everyone likes black! And contrary to popular belief they ain't generally cheaper. Pictures never do red interiors justice. Shame not specced with black dash mind that's truly nice.

There was another last year same colours/spec but higher miles was up low 40's iirc.

I'd spec that interior ... Love it 8)

I specc'd a 7series with Ox blood interior and again my 964 has full magenta interior

Red can look good in the flesh better than in photo's, love mine :D But as said its personal preference at end of the day. :dont know:

I think the mileage says it all.

8000 miles in 9 years = 888 miles per year @ 60 miles per hour = 15 hours in the car per year - which equates to the maximum amount of intense "redness" the average human being can be subjected to before throwing up :lol:

Each to their own of course - I'm sure it will appeal to someone

Red interiors always look weird in photos.

I like it personally, reminds me of the Old English White/red leather combo often seen on classic British sportcars of the 50s/60s.

MaxA said:
Funnily enough I don't have a fire extinguisher in my Dubai car, even though the GTI came with one.
If you sweet-talk your OPC, they may give you one for free. There must be loads of spare ones floating around given it's a legal requirement in the GCC.

~ Maxie

stucart said:
Red can look good in the flesh better than in photo's, love mine :D But as said its personal preference at end of the day. :dont know:

:agree:

I had a Boxster with this interior colour and I loved it and mixing it with black just looks so wrong IMHO :D

Obviously it does make the interior feel much brighter than black, although a friend did ask me if it felt like being back in the womb! :roll:

Well over 1m euros I'd imagine.

Seems odd to go to all the trouble of speccing it in such a personal way, then never drive it. It would indeed be interesting to know the back story.

Robertb said:
Well over 1m euros I'd imagine.

Seems odd to go to all the trouble of speccing it in such a personal way, then never drive it. It would indeed be interesting to know the back story.

Totally Agree...I wouldn't be surprised to see this at 1M+. I don't get the "as is" condition? I assume that a bit of "spit and polish" would detract from the value?
I understand leaving the patena on a racecar to show the history and race wounds, however storage dirt doesn't add anything in my eyes??

If I were buying this the first thing would be a full detail on the paintwork.

It's official...

The world has gone MAD!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back