Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

HELP on purchasing a Cayman S :)

tt-stig

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and new to Porsche's. I'm from West Yorkshire, UK.

I was thinking of getting a Honda S2000 but now kind of looking at the Cayman S. I would like some advice and tips on:-

- Value? What are they work? Examples? Special/Limited Editions? Desirable most sought after colours?
- Which Shape/Cayman S to get? Gen 1 / Gen 2 ?
- What optional extras I should be looking for and what do they do?
- As well as this any common issues problems these cars have I should be looking for?
- Are the Engine belts chain or belt driven and how often do they need replacing?
- How often do these need servicing?

I have about £20k to spend. I love a proper driver's cars and enjoy high spirited driving so I was thinking maybe the manual option would be the one to go for rather than PDK. Although PDK does probably have superfast gear changes? But manual would probably be more fun and I would have more control over the car?

Thanks.
T.

All the info you require is in this board. Read my thread as I recently got one. £20k buys a top end gen1 S, might get you a leggy gen2 S, but more likely a non S.

They are seriously decent cars, make no mistake. Read up on the engine issues the Gen1 are more prone too though. I'm not going to start yet another debate, you'll see a lot on these issues on the 987 and the 997.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back