Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie Porsche Virgin - 997 C4S Project

I'm complaining about my engine :eek: that's some damage.

Good luck mate, great project and you have a captive audience :thumb:

Looks lovely in that spec especially when you complete it.

dan4s997 said:
Didn't want to spend much money on the cars exterior until it was on the road but saw this OEM GT3 lip on ebay and couldnt resist...

Good call getting a GT3/AERO lip as the GT3RS type are very very low they dont have the vent holes in the front and are deeper , they would catch everything in the road. :thumb:

I just need to deceide wether to keep it black or colour code it.

dan4s997 said:
I just need to deceide wether to keep it black or colour code it.

Dan, my preference is keep it as is . the painted ones when scraped which it will end up with cracked paint , at least you can just rub this with a fine paper if you catch it and your good to go again. you can always add some wax and polish it to a nice shine if the matt doesnt float your boat. :thumb: :thumb:
I have added a pic of my Midnight Blue with the aero kit so you can see how it looks left matt.

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_180.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_180.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 14,083
Thanks for the advise phil. I'll have think. I'm going to get my front bumper sprayed anyway so it wouldnt cost any more to get it sprayed with it. I suppose if i do have it sprayed and it does end up cracking i can always sand it down and rattle can it matt black. Mines got the 20mm lower sports suspension so its going to catch on everything.

dan4s997 said:
Thanks for all the comments guys! resigner ive pm'd you. I havent got a exact budget at the moment just gonna spend what ever it takes to get it strongly rebuilt and on the road!

Strange, haven't had one!

Sorry I'm new to the forum so probably did it wrong I'll try again mate.

resigner said:
Got it. Blimey!

:dont know: Boys you cant send a pm get blimey back and not include me now I am curious Dan let me have the same info so I can blimey aswell lol. :thumb:

Got it too plus 1" BLIMEY" :grin: :grin: :grin:

Phil 997 said:
Got it too plus 1" BLIMEY" :grin: :grin: :grin:

indeed :)

Go on op, post it on here so you get more Blimeys! Great buy if it all comes together.

I didn't ask, is the car registered as a Cat D or C write off or just a repossession? If it's clean and you can show how it goes back together it's going to be a great buy!

I'll put a total cost when its all finished. No its hpi clear and nothing outstanding. Its in good condition overall. The front bumper will need respraying as its caught a few times getting on the recovery truck. Its got a few scratches but nothing thats really deep so hopefully a machine polish will sort it out. No dents very straight. There was loads of creases and marks on the interor where all the parts were resting on the passenger seat and rear seats when i got it. Had to use a heat gun at distance and slowly stretch out the creases. Then used some leather restorer. Its come out loads better.

dan4s997 said:
I'll put a total cost when its all finished. No its hpi clear and nothing outstanding. Its in good condition overall. The front bumper will need respraying as its caught a few times getting on the recovery truck. Its got a few scratches but nothing thats really deep so hopefully a machine polish will sort it out. No dents very straight. There was loads of creases and marks on the interor where all the parts were resting on the passenger seat and rear seats when i got it. Had to use a heat gun at distance and slowly stretch out the creases. Then used some leather restorer. Its come out loads better.

Great news indeed. Has to be a bargain and will make a great daily driver. Watch for the jealous types at work!

Yes good job Dan, A full build thread will inspire others at what can be done if you are prepared to get you hands dirty and take a chance . looking forward to seeing the build progress :thumb: :thumb:

What a great project , keep the updates coming , car looks stunning with aero kit :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back