Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Air Con Condensor Replacement

Menace

Hi guys,

My air con isn't as ice cold as normal, it could be a simple regass, I've had a quick look at the condensor units, one looks a little suspect but pretty good.
What are the best places to buy a replacement. Stick to genuine? I do prefer to. Prices?
Your thoughts are appreciated

Regards

Vinny

Condensors are a good place to start...I just bought and fitted some from Tameside radiators on eBay. £69 for the pair which is a good price!

I have just recently purchased x2 Hella Behr OE condensers from a dealer on ebay was half the price so would recommend a look, i was advised to go genuine so shopped about or go on euro car parts they have a 30% off offer on these parts, but others may say aftermarket are fine?

Basically repeating what Leon just said - I got mine from the same place and fitted them myself.

A further agreement with Leon. If they're still working, get them de-gassed first then it's an easy change. If you haven't done it before, you'll be amazed at the amount of rubbish in there! Check the rads too.

Make sure you replace the 'O' rings (may cost an extra few pence!) and consider fitting mesh over the apertures.

eBay seller Tameside Radiators, about £70 the pair and threw in the O rings. Great for and for 70notes if they last only 2 years I'll count them as a serviceable part

I have the Tameside radiators on my boxster and it blows icy cold.
The O rings supplied looked too small though!

kas750 said:
I have the Tameside radiators on my boxster and it blows icy cold.
The O rings supplied looked too small though!

I think you're right - fitted the supplied o-rings and when I went to get it recharged was told it couldn't hold the vacuum.
Just bought replacement o-rings from OPC to ensure I get the right size and they're much thicker and only slightly larger in diameter.

Off to get recharged next week so if it holds it proves the theory

Apparently the non genuine o rings are crap, effectively that's what keeps the system gas tight so best to get them from the opc. Not cheap for what they are, but gets the job done.

Thanks guys,

Car booked in for next week, so let's see if a new condensor is needed.

Good to see the comments

Vinny

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back