Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replace Climate Control Screen - now with pic

Ursa911

Imola
I've decided to replace the screen of my climate control unit which has two rather large 'Sun like' bleeds both left and right of the panel. Rather than buy a new control unit or exchange unit i bought a glass replacement kit and plan on swapping out this weekend.

Has anybody done this repair themselves or any links/videos on how to remove the glass? It come's with paper instructions but these usually are not very clear.

Anything i need to watch out for, shorting the unit itself etc etc?

23uy7ok.jpg

I bought the kit off eBay, came with a good set of paper instructions which I followed and worked a treat.

Only tricky part is ensuring that the screen and contacts are free of dust,and that you put in the correct side up.

Whole process took about 40 mins.

Good luck!

Mine doesn't have any bleeding but it has a couple missing segments in the numerical display. It took it out a few months ago with the idea of a strip down and clean as I believe missing segments are caused by a poor connection with the conductive rubber edge connectors (see zebra strips) and a wipe with alcohol is supposed to clean the contacts.

It didn't work entirely and some the segments are still missing so i'm now thinking of getting a screen kit. I may have another go at cleaning it frist though...

The strip down is easy enough - similar to removing a car stereo head unit, and stripping the unit to remove the screen is a few screws and a pair of pliers. Easy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theitalian06
Back