Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted: Coming back to a 997-If I can find one :(

keendean

Monza
I was here a few years ago, with a 997 C4S 2006 with a perfect spec. Since then owned a few cars, Golf R, new RS3, S3, but still I miss my 997.

So I'm after a gen 2 car. The dealer prices seem crazy at the moment, also there seems to be very little on the market, I'm after a manual car, in grey or black with Bose, PSE and Chrono. My budget has increased, and 35k would be ideal, but I'm now getting close to 40k. I've sold my Golf R, and I'm waiting for the right car to come up. So if you are thinking of selling to a trader, pop me a PM first. I was going to try and auction site (BCA), but I spoke to a reputable dealer who put me off. It's that or an earlier car, which has had a full rebuild.

I was looking at this car,
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...gen-ii-carrera-2s----------------2009/6898847

It's not a C4, but I could live with that, no Bose, and it's priced at dealer money & has the same alloys and more miles than my ex car :). RSJ have the same car with 10k less miles, for a couple of k more. So it's not setting me on fire with excitement. How long do/are people holding out for, buying an RS3 with spec was easy, with the 911, I'll be too old to see over the steering wheel.
Have any of you guys seen any gems for sale out there? My missus thinks I'm obsessed, I look daily, I fear its taking over my life :grin:
Help :thumbs:

I have sympathy! I felt the same 3/4 years ago when I started on the trail of looking at 997s and quickly homed in on the 4S due to shape and power.
After 3/4 months looking I gave up on the gen1 cars, partly due to the relatively superficial changes of gen 2 specs over gen 1 but Mostly because of the owners stories of bearing failure, bore scratching etc etc which kept me awake at night, and that's before I'd even bought one. I did have to raise the original budget by about £10k mind you to get into 2010MY prices vs my planned budget........

It then took about 9 months to find the right 4S in terms of colour, age, history etc. Ended up paying top end for it at Mid Sussex, but I got what I was after, and as I live 3 miles from Precision, they will see it once it's out of warranty, on which point, as yet only issue was a failed drivers door lock/alarm interface switch which stopped the alarm setting. Car collected, fixed, washed vac'd etc FOC. Otherwise perfect.
Best of luck
Alan
Ps Many thanks to 911uk.com for being such a helpful resource.

Grab the RSJ car, get it down to £40k

Prices are if anything climbing and a manual gen 2 car is a pretty rare thing.

C4S, Manual, Gen 2 - so very very rare.

Prices have gone up last few years - and if anything going up.

More choice of C2S Manuals mind.

resigner said:
Grab the RSJ car, get it down to £40k

Prices are if anything climbing and a manual gen 2 car is a pretty rare thing.

The RSJ car is an ok spec, not great though. One has to come up one day, would much rather a Gen 2 car after my last one.

And the PH one? No Bose I know, over priced?

RedJedi said:
C4S, Manual, Gen 2 - so very very rare.

Prices have gone up last few years - and if anything going up.

More choice of C2S Manuals mind.

Thanks, there was me wondering where they all were. Most cars I buy are forum cars, so we'll looked after, and generally a decent spec. At least time gives me more time to save I guess :sad:

The search can be a long old wait...but I got a bit of a buzz each evening on the www. Then 6 months ago the right 997 appeared...but it was opc...in other words no bargain. Being a wee bit older I wanted the most understated 997 possible. Hence meteor grey 3.6 pdk. At £41.5k with 38k miles it was more £ than my original intention...but no regrets. Know what you want (for me the less gadgets callipers white dials the better) but be prepared to push the budget a little. Happy hunting !

adi7 said:
The search can be a long old wait...but I got a bit of a buzz each evening on the www. Then 6 months ago the right 997 appeared...but it was opc...in other words no bargain. Being a wee bit older I wanted the most understated 997 possible. Hence meteor grey 3.6 pdk. At £41.5k with 38k miles it was more £ than my original intention...but no regrets. Know what you want (for me the less gadgets callipers white dials the better) but be prepared to push the budget a little. Happy hunting !

What year is that?

I know the feeling - I spent 6 months checking t'Internet about 10 times a day before I found my beautiful 997 Gen 2 Manual in White with only 20k miles.

I seem to now have a permanent condition called 997 searchitis. - I cant stop looking on Autotrader :)

To the OP - all I can recommend is - if you find what you want - just go for it even if it is top dollar. You are unlikely to find the spec you want and get it for a bargain price

Happy hunting

keendean said:
I was here a few years ago, with a 997 C4S 2006 with a perfect spec. Since then owned a few cars, Golf R, new RS3, S3, but still I miss my 997.

So I'm after a gen 2 car. The dealer prices seem crazy at the moment, also there seems to be very little on the market, I'm after a manual car, in grey or black with Bose, PSE and Chrono. My budget has increased, and 35k would be ideal, but I'm now getting close to 40k. I've sold my Golf R, and I'm waiting for the right car to come up. So if you are thinking of selling to a trader, pop me a PM first. I was going to try and auction site (BCA), but I spoke to a reputable dealer who put me off. It's that or an earlier car, which has had a full rebuild.

I was looking at this car,
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...gen-ii-carrera-2s----------------2009/6898847

It's not a C4, but I could live with that, no Bose, and it's priced at dealer money & has the same alloys and more miles than my ex car :). RSJ have the same car with 10k less miles, for a couple of k more. So it's not setting me on fire with excitement. How long do/are people holding out for, buying an RS3 with spec was easy, with the 911, I'll be too old to see over the steering wheel.
Have any of you guys seen any gems for sale out there? My missus thinks I'm obsessed, I look daily, I fear its taking over my life :grin:
Help :thumbs:

Don't k ow if it's any use but there is a nice 997.2 C4s PDK coming up for sale in white. Enthusiast owned, I saw the car at PCGB East Midlands meet last week. Pics available on Porsche Owners uk FB Page.

Reading this thread makes me realise how lucky I was. Turned up randomly at OPC just to have a nose around only to discover a great spec low mileage 997.2 C2S manual sitting out the back having just been bought back from original owner; wasn't even advertised when I turned up. Full OPC history and clearly pampered by the original owner. Drove it and bought it all within 45 minutes. Sometimes you just get lucky :thumb:

Me too, a serendipitous purchase.

Car was originally purchased at the 2009 trough in the economy (so rare) and I purchased it just before Brexit vote, so no press of other buyers competing for it.

8)

Attachments

• uk_house_prices_166.jpg
    uk_house_prices_166.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,999

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back