Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Mounts

Herd2243 said:
I just changed mine last week for standard ones, I did not think I would feel the difference, but you definitely can once you start to push the car.

Is it a DIY job, and if so how easy is it?

hedgehogsdad said:
Herd2243 said:
I just changed mine last week for standard ones, I did not think I would feel the difference, but you definitely can once you start to push the car.

Is it a DIY job, and if so how easy is it?

Very easy, trolley jack, long extension bar on your socket set to reach the nuts underneath, took me about an hour and a half, and the only reason it took me that long was because one of the nuts would not come off the engine mount studs, until I applied some heat.

Hi

Just had my RSS engine mounts and 997 transmission mount fitted this (I have 996tt). Car drives great. Doesn't seem to have any additional NVR, does seem a little noiser when stationary I think. The mechanic said that he felt that the RSS engine mounts were softer than the OEM I had :dont know:

Nevertheless, the gear change is so much better.

Motorway drive Saturday. Will feedback

I have RSS mounts on mine. At first I thought I'd gone too far for a daily driver as there is an increase in NVH. (Also everyone's acceptable NVH levels are different). However after a few days driving I grew to love them. Car feels more alive, throttle feels more instant, the slight increase in noise and vibration reminds me I'm driving a Porsche not a rep mobile. Highly recommend them, but as said everyones NVH tolerance is different and you will notice an increase.

Hi

Fitted transmission and engine mounts a a 14o mile trip with wife. The NVH was minimal, wife fell asleep in car (bless) that's how little there is on a motorway. The car feels great, It now feels like a supercar. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :thumbs: :thumbs:

P911X50 said:
Hi

Fitted transmission and engine mounts a a 14o mile trip with wife. The NVH was minimal, wife fell asleep in car (bless) that's how little there is on a motorway. The car feels great, It now feels like a supercar. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thats a great explanation of how it feels , I always say its sort of GT3 ish. It feels how this type of car would have been made if the FAT Yanks and Bankers didnt want their cars to feel like boats. :grin: :thumb:

I have a combination of yellow and blue on mine. It does make the car feel much better, but it has introduced a lot of rattles and annoying vibrations. The worst being from the b pillar right by my ear. :x

Price you pay for performance I guess.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back