Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Activating both rear fog lights

Maxie

Yas Marina
Does anyone know how to make both rear fogs light up when activated? Done a search on the forum but can't seem to find any info. Not legally necessary but I'd like to have both working if possible.

Cheers.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

Unless you can rewrite the software, I think the only way to do it is hardwiring: 911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=102575

As far as i remember you need a single cable from one cluster to another and tap in to the wire loom of the lights and it will work!! No need for coding etc, been meaning to do this but its a matter of time for me to do it, ill make a thread with pictures soon on this, in the mean time in search a forum member has done this mod on the 996 so it should be the same!!

J

-- 997 -- said:
in the mean time in search a forum member has done this mod on the 996 so it should be the same!!

J

I've already posted it above.

-- 997 -- said:
As far as i remember you need a single cable from one cluster to another and tap in to the wire loom of the lights and it will work!! No need for coding etc, been meaning to do this but its a matter of time for me to do it, ill make a thread with pictures soon on this, in the mean time in search a forum member has done this mod on the 996 so it should be the same!!

J

This is what I did. Should take you no more than 10 mins ;)

alex yates said:
-- 997 -- said:
in the mean time in search a forum member has done this mod on the 996 so it should be the same!!

J

I've already posted it above.

Aaah thats right, i reckon its gonna be the same for the 997 !!!

J

ELA said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

This is what I did. Should take you no more than 10 mins ;)

Ok so did it actually work without errors?? Same as the 996?

J

997.2 can be modified with PIWIS (left, right, both)

997.1 don't have the option, so you can use the 996 option (did this on GT4.1) ... ie splice live from working side to non-working side

Make sure bulb holder looks intact (ie relevant terminals/contacts) dependent on MY.

AFAIK all 996 even shipped with the bulbs in as it was easier/simpler (they are supplied direct from Hella with the bulbs fitted - unaware of the final fitment handedness)

GT4 said:
AFAIK all 996 even shipped with the bulbs in as it was easier/simpler (they are supplied direct from Hella with the bulbs fitted - unaware of the final fitment handedness)

:yes:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back