Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 2014 981 Boxster GTS

+1 Gummi
:thumb:

Jon, nearing the time for a spin out! :thumb:

I love this little car :)

After a week of slogging up and down the country (Scotland and Sussex) in the RR it was too good an opportunity to resist this morning....... I needed some fish food, sun is shining so I went on a 20 mile round trip to the not so closest supplier :grin:

Was sooooo good to get some sun, roof down and sports plus :floor:

Why did I not buy one sooner, life is too short not to drive cars like this if you are able :thumb:

Proof that the roof was down on the return home...

and a video of the remote roof closure....

Absolutely can't wait to get mine out.
Off down the unit now to give it its first wash and Iron X :thumb:

I can't stop driving the thing, its addictive with the roof down, I love having a convertible again (that I actually drive lol).

You and I are in the same club at the moment Jon :roll:
Mine should be out towards the end of April.

EVO TRIANGLE ANYBODY?? :grin:
PSE on in the permanent position!

I did another mod today .......

One of the only "weak" points of the 981 aesthetically are the side indicators which show the orange bulbs.......this is especially true when you compare them to the LED 991 units. Fortunately the 991 units are a straight fit to the 981 and its an easy 10 min job to fit......

So I ordered a pair from Germany

New 991 items .....

New and old units......

To remove the old units you simply push then back......

Until the retaining plastic hook is clear and then pull out.....

And push forward again to release the sprinted rear of the unit....

To release the electric connection you have to lift away the locking plastic lug and pull....

Old unit removed.....

Of course its dirty under there so a fresh polish never does any harm....

Fitting the new unit is just the reversal of removal.....

It looks so much cleaner and when lit so much better.....

I'm very pleased with the end result.

The problem is I'm struggling to find any more mods to do to the car. I've never had a hobby car before that I've not tinkered with ....... but I can't stop driving it ;-)

Given the weather was overcast it was perfect for a quick topup wash and wax....

Unfortunately I'm on family duty this weekend away in the FFRR so won't get to drive it until next week :-(

Oh dear!
I'll have to change mine too! They look so much nicer!
Thanks for the write up Jon :thumb:
Arch detailing today :roll:

So I was sat at the lights, roof down, minding my own business ....... when a white van pulls up alongside me. Window goes down...... I think "here goes..." and a voice shouts "nice car fella...... do you mind giving it the beans for my lad?" ........ I look across and there is a c10 year old sat in the passenger seat with a smile from ear to ear.........

so I obliged :grin:

Still can't get over how much attention the boxster gets, much more than most exotica I've driven and always in such a positive way :thumb:

It does t strike me as a Boxster at all. When I look at mine, especially from the front, Carrera GT springs to mind.

Liking the LED indicator mod, good work!

Nice to hear positive stories regarding other road users.

Just love the Caymans and Boxsters, dare I say it, better looking than the 911?!

jonttt said:
So I was sat at the lights, roof down, minding my own business ....... when a white van pulls up alongside me. Window goes down...... I think "here goes..." and a voice shouts "nice car fella...... do you mind giving it the beans for my lad?" ........ I look across and there is a c10 year old sat in the passenger seat with a smile from ear to ear.........

so I obliged :grin:

Still can't get over how much attention the boxster gets, much more than most exotica I've driven and always in such a positive way :thumb:

funnily enough a chum just down the road from me asked me to do just the same on Saturday. :grin:

I spent 4 hours this morning tidying the garden, 1 hour at the Garden centre with SWMBO (who managed to break the £100 barrier on bedding plants :roll: ) and so felt I deserved some Man Time....... I "nipped" out in the boxster for 2 hours :grin: I managed to stick to quieter B roads, sooooo much fun, still can't get over how much I love this car. I think there is a real chance the 993 may not come out of hibernation this year :eek:

I mixed two of these particulars today, ended up at a Homebase Garden Centre in my Cayman.

Mainly cruised today, still loved every second of it. Must say I like the red cab tops on the Boxsters. Saw few bits of Pork on my 250 mile round trip. But why no love from other Porsche drivers, R32 driver's and to a certain extent VW had a way warmer waving ethos.

I always acknowledge fellow Porker drivers. Most of the time they 'appear' pre consumed! With what I don't know.................. :?:

I've been blanked every single time, not even seen a reaction like 'who is that weirdo and what does he want?'.

Sad times, I am on a mission to get a wave from a Porsche driver!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back