Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black vinyl headlight surrounds in the U.K.?

JH are you going as far as Black bonnet crest and rear letters with your black and silver theme :thumb:

I am half way there with that job, bought a black pair of complete gen 2 mirrors and have taken them apart for the upper casings to be painted silver. It's straightforward taking them apart, put some protective tape along the bottom edge of the mirror housing then use a pair of plastic trim hooks to lever off the glass, unplug the glass and then unscrew all the little self tappers to remove the mirror motor and back plate. The housing is screwed to the arm, once unscrewed the bottom section can be prised out of the top section. Easier to do with mirrors off the car I think.

Prefer the gen 2 mirrors as the larger glass area makes reversing much easier. The casings will mount on the gen 1 frames as the frames are exactly the same.

Phil 997 said:
JH are you going as far as Black bonnet crest and rear letters with your black and silver theme :thumb:

Not going to do the bonnet badge but I'm thinking of replacing the silver Carrera C4S badge with a simple black 'Carrera' badge. It was an option for the 996 so easy enough to get a pukka one from Porsche.

Too clever for me! Mine are gen2 mirrors already, all Silver, but don't trust myself to start taking those puppies apart in order to spray the bottom sections black :eek:

J Holmes said:
Phil 997 said:

Not going to do the bonnet badge but I'm thinking of replacing the silver Carrera C4S badge with a simple black 'Carrera' badge. It was an option for the 996 so easy enough to get a pukka one from Porsche.

Same here, bonnet and wheel crests are coloured, but I went for the black rear badging, the black platstidip paint I used to try it has last for ages! Also have black Carrera 4S door decals too, like a GTS.

IMG_2170.jpg

J Holmes said:
Phil 997 said:

That will also look nice mate . :thumb:

MJA911 said:
J Holmes said:
Phil 997 said:

Same here, bonnet and wheel crests are coloured, but I went for the black rear badging and also black Carrera 4S door decals.

yes the lower door decals are a nice subtle touch , unless you do them in acid green :floor: like one of the 2 of us :grin: :grin:

MJA911 said:
J Holmes said:
Phil 997 said:

Same here, bonnet and wheel crests are coloured, but I went for the black rear badging, the black platstidip paint I used to try it has last for ages! Also have black Carrera 4S door decals too, like a GTS.

IMG_2170.jpg

Supprised nobody has done a mod to get the reflective strip to light up like the 991 4S.

Looks great on the newer cars.

Just a heads up, but I've got a few sets of these left - never got round to putting them up on ebay.

I'll bring them to Beaulieu if anyone wants a set, just come and see me.

I've put a pair aside for Boba Fett. I know how much he loves them and wants a set for his car. :)

:wink:

robbiej said:
how much are they again?

I just re-read it, it's £55 including delivery to UK ...

I'll have a set monkey if ok please!!! If you could pm me your PayPal address please..

Cheers

J

CarreraMonkey said:
I do have a few sets left, but the plan was to sell them on eBay at £65 inc postage (basically to cover the cost of my own set).

The extra tenner seems to have put most people who have enquired about them off in the past week or so - times are hard in the porsche owners family I guess.

Anyway, pm me if you want a set at £65.

Thanks

Matt

£65 inc postage actually..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back