Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another new 993 owner

I like the moody blue interior. Not popular apparently but I wouldn't listen to that sort of tripe as apparently black is the only acceptable colour. 993s really suit a nice pigmented leather. I think more so than many other cars; they just carry it off with such class.

Hi Stuart,

You must be just up the road from me as I'm at Bourn about 10 miles from Cambridge.

Kat1 is just round the corner as well as he lives in Soham.

I'll keep an eye out for you.

In fact, am wondering if that is my old 993. I know there will be a lot of midnight blue cars around, but mine was:

Midnight blue, C2
Varioram
Tiptronic
complete metropole blue interior
17 inch cup 2's
sunroof
air con
standard yellow indicators
hardbacks

It looked a lot like yours and it had about 45k miles on it when I sold it around six years ago.

When I bought it it had the plate A993LAD on it and was still on when I sold it but I know the guy who bought it sold the plate and put the car back on an age related plate

Stuart7 said:
A993LAD, it is indeed your old car!

Excellent. Was a very good car and I regretted selling the day it left. But I wasn't using it much and it was the first car I'd ever sold for more than I paid.

I picked it up for £24k with only 34k miles and sold it for £27k a couple of years later. Those were the days.

My wife was really pissed off that I sold it and bought her own 993 cab about 3 years ago which I have to maintain meaning I'm back on this forum a lot.

My profile pic on Pistonheads is still your car - must change it.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/profile.asp?memberId=54034

Enjoy it. Hopefully I'll get reacquainted with it round Cambridge sometime. Are you in the city or one of the outlying villages?

PH Cambs region has a friendly coffee/bacon brekkie meeting first Sunday of the month at St Neots that is worth a visit btw

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back