Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Euro vs US Rear/Tail Lights...?

cableguy

Magny-Cours
I'm looking at adding red tail lights and was looking at the difference between the Euro & US options. The US versions IMO look a nicer light with an even colour from end to end, whereas the Euro version is more a darkened/reddish amber.

So my question is: Are they interchangeable, can the US versions be fit to UK cars plug & play or will they require modification?

C.

As far as I know have all european Carrera 4 models red lense tail lights.

US cars have the red lights, but they have an extra set of T10 wedge bulb red side lights on the outer wing. I see lots of people using their US car in Europe without the extra bulbs fitted.

The C4 light enclosures are very similar to the US, but the extra side light openings are sealed off.
Cheers,
Tore

Thanks for your reply and info Tore.

US tail lights it is then but don't tell the illuminati... :grin:

C.

Just bought replacement tail lights myself, I considered going down the red route but ended up going standard red/orange.

Also purchased new rear reflector, front fogs, front indicators, side indicators.

Couldn't face putting old lights against fresh paintwork.

Trev

Finally got around to fitting the red rears and I now have red indicators... :grin:

Anyone know where I can buy some bulbs to make them amber?

C.

cableguy said:
Finally got around to fitting the red rears and I now have red indicators... :grin:

Anyone know where I can buy some bulbs to make them amber?
IIRC green bulbs with red lenses show amber... :dont know:

That's what I've read too Chris.

I seem to think the US Rears I've fit have clear bulbs, hence the red flashers. I'll check my amber rears tomorrow and see what they have in, however none of the parts suppliers seem to list a green bulb!

C.

Ive got US reds, just blanked off the extra hole to stop water getting in. Other than that they are same fitment

Have put Amber bulgs in but the indicator still flashes red. Would be interested in the green bulbs if amyone knows where to source them.

Red indicator has never been an issue for me.

I also have a set which are are red and black, they do flash Amber though. Not sure if they are Oem or aftermarket.

They look quiet good against midnight blue paintwork.

Faded original set are in the loft somewhere.

Saw a set of green LED bulbs on the bay might be worth a try

RobIpswichUK said:

Cool. Have you a link?

I was going to buy some green transparent glass paint and experiment, however ready made LED's would be worth a go first. :thumb:

C.

cableguy said:
Cheers Rich. Did it pass MOT with flashing reds?

C.

Yes passed mot but I took the originals along just in case and told the tester I had them in case he needed me to swap them over.

I picked the Reds up off German eBay seller. About half the price of the euro spec lights. Was pre the Brit vote so would probably be a bit more dearer now!!

Richard

cableguy said:
RobIpswichUK said:

Cool. Have you a link?

I was going to buy some green transparent glass paint and experiment, however ready made LED's would be worth a go first. :thumb:

C.

Was only a quick search for green led indicator (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-LED-3...IGHT-BULBS-12V-21W-BA15S-19-LED-/400600892726).
No affiliation to seller so no ideas on quality etc etc, just the first thing I found.

RobIpswichUK said:
cableguy said:
RobIpswichUK said:

Cool. Have you a link?

C.

Was only a quick search for green led indicator (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-LED-3...IGHT-BULBS-12V-21W-BA15S-19-LED-/400600892726).
No affiliation to seller so no ideas on quality etc etc, just the first thing I found.

Muchos Gracias. :thumb:

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back