Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine Mounts

Mottmanmotors

Hi guys,
I need to replace my engine mounts.
What do you all suggest, standard mounts, or uprated ones?/

Attachments

• img_0097_987.jpg
    img_0097_987.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 5,830
Depends what you want. Upgraded usually means stiffer so may add some harshness to the drive but more positive feel. Standard are fine and will be noticeably better if your old ones were on their last legs.

I just changed mine last week for standard ones, I did not think I would feel the difference, but you definitely can once you start to push the car.

As Alex says , you will find semi solids a but harder , It really does depend on what you want from the car , if you planning on keeping everything stock then just put new OE ones on if your planning on adding mods then go for semisolids and look at RSS or rennline adjustable ones the softest setting yellow on yellow on the rennline is about the same as the RSS set up :thumb: :thumb:

Personal thing I guess, I have just ordered some Rennline semi-solids direct from Rennline, nearly £100 cheaper than from Design91, including the shipping!

I like the idea of a more direct feel and positive gear change!

DucatiRob said:
Personal thing I guess, I have just ordered some Rennline semi-solids direct from Rennline, nearly £100 cheaper than from Design91, including the shipping!

Rob, let us know what you think after they are fitted , I really like the way mine feels with the rennline

Will do Phil, hope to fit them next weekend!

DucatiRob said:
Will do Phil, hope to fit them next weekend!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Yep I'm curious about these too

I have the RSS mounts which suppose to be the no.1 choice for performance mounts but its an individuals choice and preference l, I'm having them fitted next week so ill report back with my verdict, I also gonna fit a set of gear box insert mounts to match.. Will let know!!

Cheers

J

-- 997 -- said:
I have the RSS mounts which suppose to be the no.1 choice for performance mounts but its an individuals choice and preference l, I'm having them fitted next week so ill report back with my verdict, I also gonna fit a set of gear box insert mounts to match.. Will let know!!

Cheers

J

Look forward to hearing what you think of the RSS mate which trans inserts are you using function first and which colour :thumb:

DucatiRob said:

Edit: Hadn't factored in the import duty :frustrated: but still £40 cheaper than Design911 :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

Look forward to hearing what you think of the RSS mate which trans inserts are you using function first and which colour :thumb:

Function first inserts on the gearbox phil in yellow!! took your advice on that!, so hopefully will feel the difference in the drive once all mounts have been upgraded! ..:)

J

-- 997 -- said:
Phil 997 said:
-- 997 -- said:

Cheers

J

Function first inserts on the gearbox phil in yellow!! took your advice on that!, so hopefully will feel the difference in the drive once all mounts have been upgraded! ..:)

J

Good Luck with the fitting mate look forward to hearing your thoughts when fitted, the ride will soften a bit over 3/400miles as the car settles on its new set up so dont panic if the ride seems harder than you expected when you first drive it. funny I had to drop my engine a couple of weeks ago to replace the corroded air con pipes as they run over the top of the axle and when they refitted the semisolid engine mounts I needed to let them re settle again and the ride certainly was harder than they were when they settled , but its now starting to feel how it was before. :thumb: :thumb:

Hi

I have a 996 turbo, bought back in October. On the test drive I found that I didn't like the gearbox throw, so I had this changed to a GT3 version. The throw was a little better, but still the gear change actions was a little disjointed. Just can't seem to change gear fast enough, long throw and slow changes. It seems I have to wait before connection - weird.

Tomorrow I will be changing the transmission mounting to a revised 997 version. I have also bought the RRS engine mounts as an after thought. If they arrive in time I will also have theme fitted.

But if not, I would like to feel the difference with just the transmission mount. Later, I will fit the RSS engine mounts.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back