Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WARNING!! Driving in France - the new Crit'Air clean sticker

Alex

For anyone who wasn't aware, France have brought in a new law on the 31st March 2017 whereby an 'Air Quality Sticker" must be displayed on every car when driving in Paris, Lyon & Grenoble. Failure to display one of these stickers could result in a £117 fine.

I applied for one for my father yesterday and I must say, unless you're pretty clued up on a pc, it's not the easiest thing to sort out. The cost is only around £4 but when applying, you have to upload a copy of your Vehicle registration document and it must be less than 400kb in size. There's no way my Dad would have managed to do it. The fact that the 'English version' of the site keeps defaulting to French doesn't help much either.

Anyway, wouldn't want any of us Blighty boys getting fined whilst driving over there.

More info here: http://www.rac.co.uk/drive/news/motoring-news/law-change-for-uk-drivers-in-french-cities/

Where to apply: https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/

Nice one Alex, great heads up for everyone. We go to France quite a bit every year via Eurotunnel.

I'll look into that later on this evening. Another government get rich quick idea I fear.

Cheers :thumbs:

My Dad's heard it can take 5 weeks for the sticker to come through. He's off in 2 weeks so has to take his email confirmation with him in case he gets stopped if he doesn't have the sticker.

alex yates said:
My Dad's heard it can take 5 weeks for the sticker to come through. He's off in 2 weeks so has to take his email confirmation with him in case he gets stopped if he doesn't have the sticker.

Yep - did mine a couple of weeks ago and got confirmation but no sticker as yet.

Just a thought - this now means that the French authorities will have the name and address of the registered keeper of any English car that has the sticker. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they use this information to chase up speed camera tickets & parking tickets on UK cars. :nooo:

alex yates said:
Just a thought - this now means that the French authorities will have the name and address of the registered keeper of any English car that has the sticker. I wouldn't at all be surprised if they use this information to chase up speed camera tickets & parking tickets on UK cars. :nooo:

That was the first thought of mine when it was mentioned about sending them the registration details.

Think I'll give the sticker a miss and just bypass the relevant cities.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back