Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted 997 C4S Gen2 Manual

keendean said:
IMI A said:
keendean said:
Thanks for the links, I've checked these out. It must be sub 50k miles, must have PSE, and ideally my budget was 45k and can't be silver.

The closest one I've seen which would the ideal car, is the car at 911 Virgin, which is OK, and I'm thinking about. It's of a modest spec, and the price is on the high side IMO-No knocking the car. The annoying thing is, buying private would save 5k, and if its an OPC warranty, then its a safe(er) bet. It seems you can't be too fussy on spec, but I can't warrant nearly 50k on a car that has nearly 50k miles.

Why are the prices of the C4S Gen 2 rising? I really don't understand. Are the dealers pricing them high, that and there is little available on the market driving the prices up? My initial budget has grown from 35k, now upwards, which seems to be the trait of many people trying to find their ideal spec.
I guess, I hope, that a decent car will come up, which won't of been traded in, and sold privately. I just may need to pay that price, in time I have to wait. I'm tempted by a PDK, but sold my RS3, as I just didn't get on with it. My last 997 C4S was manual with the OEM short shift-Amazing!

Personally I'd buy the 911 Virgin car. Looks a peach in triple black and low mileage manual cars like that do not often come up for sale. If you're worried about OEM PSE its not all that. Better off getting the bypass from Sharkwerks or Miltek via Chris at ABP Motorsport. :thumb:

I know I'm tempted, but can't feel its over priced just so slightly. If it was an outstanding spec, or had new tires and or brakes, it would be worth the outlay. We have a second car and an impending house extension, so waiting for the right car, and saving a little more, for that gem may not be a bad idea :roll:

Sensible thinking in a normal market and it sounds like you have more important priorities to take care of first. I have a horrible feeling these may appreciate very slightly or go sideways. I can even see 991 dropping below the value of a 997 in a few years as its much more of a GT than the 997 which stays closer to its sports car origins.

In your shoes I'd go down and see 911V if its still there in a month or two and see if you like the car. If you do like the car no harm making a cheeky offer. The issue is that it will probably sold in the next few days the way those guys are selling cars. Its literally unbelievable and a real credit to the family what a fantastic business and reputation they have built up there.

I'm training away in Brentford, and have just checked on their proximity, I've no excuse to go and visit them.

Regards the adaptive sports seats, I've never seen them, are they of the RS4 style? This car has no heated seats either, I guess S/Chrono is more a gimmick on a manual car anyhow.

The sports seats have extra bolstering as you'd expect, but they have more subtle shoulder wings than an RS4! Had sports seats in my first 997, whereas current 997 has standard seats, they're fine, but sports seats more comfortable for me. Another option that's personal preference really.

Good spot on the lack of heated seats, mean of Porsche that it's not standard on cars that cost this much :roll:

Deposit taken on the 911 Virgin C4S, wasn't you was it?????

Sadly not. I was set to go and spoke to Tom, it had a deposit placed the day before. At this rate, I'll be saving for a late 997T.

My next car at some point will be a gen2 4s :puh:
Don't know when. I also monitor the car ads constantly to keep abreast of the market . :grin:

I think the popularity is purely down to the wide body, and doubt very much it's for the small proportion of drive sent to the front wheels !!

A "perfect" 4s ticking all the boxes on spec, owners, mileage etc is late £40's it seems. Hexagon have a beauty at £56k !!!! :eek:
That's heading for GTS territory

My current thinking , barring an inheritance from a long lost aunt, is keep my manual gen1 4s. It's extremely high spec and can't justify the gap to a gen 2.
(Which seems to widen by the month !). Feels like I have 80% of the car at about 50% of the cost.

As above , a fantastic gen 1 at £25k is achievable, leave the difference in a fighting fund. The worst that can happen is £10k for a Hartech rebuild. (Small, but real possibility).

C4S has always been the forgotten car in the line up since 997's launch. Is a turbo worth £30k more than equivalent vintage C4S? Personally I don't think so which is why 911V low miles minter was a cheap car in my view. When buying a car I tend to buy the best one available. It's not how much you pay for a car in terms of real cost of ownership it's what you sell it for 3-4 years later which is slightly more significant. Every 911 I've bought following that philosophy has sold for circa 100% more than price paid and keyboard warriors scoffing at the prices of shops like Hair Pin Co etc. Sure they're relatively expensive but the best examples of the marque always are and I'm delighted to pay a few quid more for the best cars. The Hexagon C4S is worth on or around £56k day night long when you think an equivalent turbo with hairdryer exhaust note is going to set you back £85k and won't even be a manual. If you walk into Hexagon and make them a sensible offer closer to £50k than £56k I am pretty sure they'd deal....not saying that's the car for the OP but a good low miles turbo is a much more expensive car for arguably a less emotional ride

askgeez said:
My next car at some point will be a gen2 4s :puh:
Don't know when. I also monitor the car ads constantly to keep abreast of the market . :grin:

I think the popularity is purely down to the wide body, and doubt very much it's for the small proportion of drive sent to the front wheels !!

A "perfect" 4s ticking all the boxes on spec, owners, mileage etc is late £40's it seems. Hexagon have a beauty at £56k !!!! :eek:
That's heading for GTS territory

My current thinking , barring an inheritance from a long lost aunt, is keep my manual gen1 4s. It's extremely high spec and can't justify the gap to a gen 2.
(Which seems to widen by the month !). Feels like I have 80% of the car at about 50% of the cost.

As above , a fantastic gen 1 at £25k is achievable, leave the difference in a fighting fund. The worst that can happen is £10k for a Hartech rebuild. (Small, but real possibility).

Good idea, but I sold my mint 997.1 C4S with 30k miles to RSJ two years ago for circa 27k. To buy the same car now, I'd have to pay more. I know what you mean regarding the price gap, it's far bigger than I initially thought and expected, and the gap is only getting bigger.
For me, has to be a manual and a gen 2, you just have to pay a premium.

I'm in the askgeez and IMA A camp as I tend to value/decide what I think is a fair price based on more than how the car compares against other similar models but also other cars not even from the same marque. I.e. If I find the car I want for £30k I'll then look at what else £30k could buy with more than 350bhp and the other wants, handling, 2 doors etc.

Aesthetically it had to be a wide body for me and the Gen 1 was nicely in my price range. I can't see myself going to a Gen 2 however as it's far too similar. Never say never but coming from a 996 it would probably feel very new and different but spending £15k to look at essentially the same dash etc, nah. A 991 some years down the line and if I need a daily, sure.

That motorhub place has a dodgy reputation I believe :eh!:

If it looks too good to be true etc.....

askgeez said:
That motorhub place has a dodgy reputation I believe :eh!:

If it looks too good to be true etc.....

Really? I'm going there tomorrow to view
:puh:

OP in your shoes I'd go back to your original plan of buying a nice 7.2 C2 for £35k. Thats the best VFM deal out there on a 911 in my view. An OPC sold a beautiful 30k mile gen 2 manual C2 for £35k last month (Charles Hurst).

OP maybe best to stick to OPC or known dealers of the marque like RSJ, 911V, Portiacraft etc if you're not au fait around cars i.e. spotting replaced panels, crash damage, dodgy history etc

Take your time as a good one will defo turn up but make sure you're in a position to act on it swiftly. Blue one looks okay but circa 55k miles at £42k not as good as for example £50k for a sub 20k mile car.

I'd personally buy this one but I'm a sucker for old tart spec with a bit of sun on my hair (bald patch) :grin:

Perhaps not what you're looking for but the sort of provenance I would want. One , ultra low miles, tasteful and striking colour combo. The car just looks right from he ad. Just a shame she's not a manual coupe for you!

http://www.theautoagency.co.uk/pors...k-one-owner-in-hertford-hertfordshire-6148999

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back