Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

82mm TB plenum for EGas 996 - who wants one

Harv

Suzuka
Chaps

I've been designing a throttle body plenum that allows fitment of the 997 GT3 82mm throttle body to our cars. This was born out of my own desire to upgrade my 3.6 (as it was) but I was unhappy with costs from IPD, D911 etc.

It will be a plug and play unit that accepts the existing breather pipe and goes inbetween the existing manifold runners and like OEM it will be ABS, with threaded inserts for the throttle body.

You will need to source the TB and gasket (eBay.com is a good source).

I'm looking for a show of hands in who might be interested in one of these (for my production run cost estimate). I expect price per unit to be around £275 which is substantially cheaper than anything currently available.

Cheers
Harv

:thumb:

Yes please. This is on my list to do..

Gotta sort suspension out first but will keep an eye on this as would like to do it at some point

Thanks for replies, I'm upto 6 units total inc mine so far :thumb:

Difficult to say what to gains will be in terms of HP for just the TB and plenum, IPD seem to say 25hp but I think that's a little optimistic for this on it's own and every car will be different based on where it is in it's life cycle (wear).

I recommend supporting it with at least the following:

1. Tubular 3:1 exhaust headers (x51 style)
2. BMC panel filter
3. Cold air intake (will be required to connect the airbox to the GT3 TB) and resonator delete

The ecu will adjust as best it can to adapt the fuelling (disconnect battery for 20mins).

With my own car I will have the above with other supporting mods.

I believe this will also work on the 3.4 cars providing they are electronic throttle.

Harv

If you are referring to the plenum on the the 997.1 Carerra's no as they use smaller TB than the GT3 version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back