Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New GTS C4S

Last pictures I promise :D

Why does it not have the lowered black front lip spoiler? I'm a bit confused and concerned,as I have one on order with the standard 20mm lower and am expecting it to have it. As my c2s.2 with pasm had it.

Nutsucow said:
Why does it not have the lowered black front lip spoiler? I'm a bit confused and concerned,as I have one on order with the standard 20mm lower and am expecting it to have it. As my c2s.2 with pasm had it.

It looks to me just like other GTS photos I have seen. Unless you had the sport design front apron it will be different to your C2S.

No idea :D

Its a great car, details,I cant comment.

My own interest is with older cars, hence the excitement with this

Looks and sounds stunning. The days are dragging now. I am due to receive my 2WD GTS in Carmine Red anytime now. It was on the vessel Thursday/Friday............

Gorsh said:
Nutsucow said:

It looks to me just like other GTS photos I have seen. Unless you had the sport design front apron it will be different to your C2S.

Yep, your right, I got it wrong..

I stand to be corrected!!

Looks and sounds stunning. The days are dragging now. I am due to receive my 2WD GTS in Carmine Red anytime now. It was on the vessel Thursday/Friday............
Mine was finished on the 29th, allegedly very close to delivery now.

Time appears to be slowing down, as you say. I hope I can get to drive it before WWIII breaks out...

34568832445_1912b506e9_b.jpg

34568833675_78075beefb_b.jpg

EdTheDuck said:
Mine was finished on the 29th, allegedly very close to delivery now.

Time appears to be slowing down, as you say. I hope I can get to drive it before WWIII breaks out...

Any update Ed?

Well, I've had it for about two weeks but have been pretty busy at work. Semi- run in at 500 miles, so have been exploring the power curve... and it's immense. Still tight & new but by far the quickest car round corners and on the straights that I've ever been in. Too fast for the road? Maybe.

It's incredible how something that is so docile in traffic, with stop-start, coasting, multi-gear selection, etc. and is also really comfortable (18-way seats are excellent) and relatively quiet can shake that off in a fraction of a second and charge into the distance.

I'm really glad I specced the PDK because I simply don't have the skills to change gear at the rate it does, sometimes several in one go. Have yet to take it out of 'normal" but the gearbox is almost telepathic in adjusting to your driving so I haven't felt the need to intervene in any way. The revs pick up so quickly at the upper end that I'd be forever changing early or hitting the limiter.

Four wheel steering is brilliant, especially when getting it in and out of my garage which involves some tight turning. I haven't enough seat time in a non-AWS 911 to be able to say what it improves in tight bends and at high velocity but the way it carves into the corners and remains stable at *ahem* speeds is nothing short of amazing.

Noise? You know you've got a set of big P-Zeros on the rims but they appear to be getting quieter with the miles - when they wear out I might try the PS4 route. The engine starts with a nice blip in the garage then slowly reduces to idle over the next 30s or so. With small throttle openings and low RPM, it's quiet inside (don't know about outside) but above 2.5-3k you start getting that lovely flat six sound which turns into a full-blooded howl higher up. I really like the way the engine digs in and barks on changing up when you're being more spirited - no lag, just more thrust! Haven't tried the farty-poppy mode yet. Strangely, the turbos are less audible than in the C2S and C4S. All in all, I don't know how anyone could call the exhaust note boring unless their other car is a F12tdf...

The PCM works flawlessly, there is plenty of room for luggage (I got a bespoke set for the front and rear) and after I put it back in the garage it's very difficult not to stand there admiring the shape, especially as it leaves the lights on for a bit with the continuous red bar across the back. PDLS+ seems to do the trick at night and even the Bose sounds good after I set a flat response.

I think I'm a bit smitten; have started calling it 'The Precious"... :D

Photos to follow shortly.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back