Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Let's talk . . .

HPNer

hubcaps.

This has probably been done to death over time, and obviously a highly subjective issue. What are the current views?

I feel a change coming on for mine, which despite being quality original all silver embossed metal Porsche items, they were original equipment for the 928 and not the 993.

I do like them a lot . .

But, from a distance however, they do look a little bland, so I'm thinking the black and silver rather than the full colour items (as I said it's a subjective thing), personally, I think full colour can look a little fussy, but it's very dependant on the colour of the car, they look good on Black for example. Not so sure on Riviera . .

I did have plastic coloured crested hubcaps on my previous set of wheels which I tossed away (with the wheels) as they were pretty much past their sell by date.

So now I have genuine 17" Cup IIs, and now seeking embossed black and silver crested metal (not keen on plastic) hubcaps are for my '94 993.

According to the PET Katalog there are a whole host of caps quoted from part number 993.361.303.00 onwards.

So my questions to the Illuminati are,
1. Is there an embossed metal black and silver crested hubcap, and
2. if so what's the part number and
3. if not, did they do an embossed coloured crested metal hubcap and
4. what number is that.

In general however, it would be good to learn of other owners preferences and why . .

:dont know:

I'm the last person to comment on Illuminati standards, but I'm never shy with my own opinion:

I have a C4 and it came with caps marked "Carrera 4", which I really liked. When I got the new wheels, Exel offered me the colour-crested ones but I declined and got them to supply new ones just like original "Carrera 4", which is what it now wears.

Whilst my car is moving away from standard (thus no longer Illuminati Approved) I'm in no way trying to pretend it's anything other than a C4. Hence I'm keeping the C4 caps and C4 logo at the rear. It may have an RS kit but it is not an RS replica or homage. It's my C4.

So... decide what you like and do that - just like always! ;-)

The black crest on silver plastic ones look fine to me...

:coat:

Chris at Excel wheels would be the man with whom to talk ........ he supplied my all metal coloured crested ones ........ :)

Nooooooo. I was hoping to sneak my cracked ones under the radar screen but now the Illuminati (mentioning no names highway...) are going to be all over this... I'm sure I read that they are more than a tenner each too.
:sad:

Coloured centres for me.

Attachments

• wheel1_170.jpg
    wheel1_170.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 4,375
madalaa said:
Chris at Excel wheels would be the man with whom to talk ........ he supplied my all metal coloured crested ones ........ :)

...... £25 a corner ...... plus VAT ....... back in November 2013 .......

madalaa said:
...... £25 a corner ...... plus VAT ....... back in November 2013 .......

Cheap as chips :what:

:hand: -2 points docked for the above example as the base of the crest is not perfectly in line with the valve stem :grin:

Zingari said:
:hand: -2 points docked for the above example as the base of the crest is not perfectly in line with the valve stem :grin:

I'm a rebel :D

Zingari said:

Not sure I agree Zingers:- factory spec for a 981 has them aligned within about 5 degrees. So I doubt the 993 was any closer given that if anything manufacturing tolerances have improved :hand:

I submit that anything too close smacks of aftermarket razzmatazz...

Mine wears black crests on silver. I bought new from the OPC and much prefer over the colour crests they replaced.

The OPC supplied, official centres for the 993 are plastic items.
Here's a photo, showing the part number: 993 361 303 11.

The set was £127.32 in Oct 2013. Likely more now.

There's plenty of copies around. Not sure of the quality. I bought a spare set of 'genuine' ones privately recently, for £50. They look fine but are slightly different at the back.

Attachments

• centre_caps_667.jpg
    centre_caps_667.jpg
    274.3 KB · Views: 4,278
Anyone bought reproductions that proved to be decent?

If so where from?

do the metal ones from 964s fit the 993 wheels?

I'm not shelling out hard-earned for cheapo plastic :puh:

Possibly because I'm used to them from when I first got the car but I much prefer the black on silver to the colour crests, even tho I believe the latter were an upgrade at the time?

+1 for exel. When Chris supplied my Cup 2s with colour crested OE caps he was so thorough he flatted back and resprayed the caps because the factory silver paint on the surround wasn't good enough. They look fantastic.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back