Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Incoming 991.2 Carrera GTS

Jenzbullets

Hi All,

My 991.2 GTS should be here between mid-April to end May. Obviously I am getting rather excited :D

My Spec is:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHDKQXA8

Which won't appeal to everyone but had very specific reasons for some of my choices.

What I'd like to know is if anyone has any views on the following?

1) I have always used Porsche Insurance (Marsh/Aviva) before but am wondering if there is any real advantage using them over say AIB for a brand new car?

2) I'm thinking of getting a Blackvue DashCam installed, model BlackVue DR650S-2CH. Any alternatives I should consider or views on this one?

3) No doubt my OPC will try and sell me SwissVax heavily discounted. I've normally paid about £400 but interested in thoughts / alternatives?

4) No doubt my OPC will try and sell me GAP which tends to run quite steep. Anyone else I should consider?

5) What if any is the recommended SIM and Carrier for the PCM Connect+?

Anything else I should consider/be prepared for?

Regards Neil.
(previously Member Jenz - couldnt get my old name reactivated :dont know: )

Hi there

You have been very restrained (which isnt a bad thing). One can go overboard very easily with optional extras.

Looks good, my only 2 pence was to:

- Add folding mirrors (narrow car parks etc)
- Lose the rear wiper (IMO gives a minimal sleek finish to the rear, less cluttered)

Its gonna look epic when it arrives!

:thumbs:

Go with the best Insurance quite, the level of cover is all comparable.

That Blackvue model is a good choice, the nextbase range is also worth having a look at.

Swiss wax and Gap Insurance, you can save money by getting the car detailed by anyone but your opc and a better gap quote.

Can't comment on the SIm as I just use the Bluetooth.

:welcome:

Spec of car actually looks rather good and bet you can't wait until the car arrives.

1. and 4. In terms of Insurance, go with who you have experience of. Would suggest considering GAP RTI Insurance as an extra. Would buy from the internet and not from Porsche! GAP can be had for about £400 for 4 years and up to £50K gap (note that many companies only offer a £25K gap maximum).

2. Whatever camera you think best.

3. Personally, would not go for wax, but have the car detailed (you'd be surprised how many issues brand new cars have with paint as delivered from the factory) and then finished with a nano-coating such as Gtechniq.

Worth thinking about :-
a) Will you have the VTS activated?
b) Is it worth taking out tyre Insurance?
c) If you're going to be using the frunk on a regular basis, a frunk liner is worth considering (about £130).
d) A day at the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone is one of the best options to really appreciate your new car. :lol:

Good luck.

I have found Marsh very good, and have sticked with them for the new GTS

I have next base fitted, very good, but a bit fiddly to remove the micro SD card and also can be easier to play back on the camera screen. Its is best to remove the card and play on a PC with a microcard/ SD adapter.

I will be using swissvax but will do the prep (clay bar, cleanser, Zuffenhausen wax) myself. On my previous model I did the same, repeated every 3 months.

Gap Insurance, have not taken out.

SIM card, you can get a PAYG card from three £25 for 12 months and 12GB. other alternative is the bluetooth form your I phone as a hotspot. This should be fine.

Attachments

• dsc_0955_742.jpg
    dsc_0955_742.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 8,988
Hi
Like you I'm expecting my 991.2 GTS soon....build date 21 April! And similarly excited!
I've looked at dashcams but was put off the blackvue as its hard wired in which would or could cause problems with the warranty. Is this something you've considered?

That looks really nice. Mine will be Sapphire blue in about 2 weeks I hope.

I have had the rear apron painted and also the air vent intake in sapphire blue. Not seen another 911 with either of those options ticked so fingers crossed it doesn't look bad?

Enjoy, let us know how it goes, plus more pic's please.

Simonl72 said:
That looks really nice. Mine will be Sapphire blue in about 2 weeks I hope.

I have had the rear apron painted and also the air vent intake in sapphire blue. Not seen another 911 with either of those options ticked so fingers crossed it doesn't look bad?

Enjoy, let us know how it goes, plus more pic's please.

I did think about Saphire blue, it will look nice. In the end decided to stick to the Carrara white metallic.

Alam said:
Looks good, my only 2 pence was to:

- Add folding mirrors (narrow car parks etc)
- Lose the rear wiper (IMO gives a minimal sleek finish to the rear, less cluttered)

I love the sportsdesign mirrors, you can't have them as electronically folding! I also like having the rear wiper :D missed it immensely on my last Cayman GTS.

DRZ911 said:
Worth thinking about :-
a) Will you have the VTS activated?
b) Is it worth taking out tyre Insurance?
c) If you're going to be using the frunk on a regular basis, a frunk liner is worth considering (about £130).
d) A day at the Porsche Experience Centre at Silverstone is one of the best options to really appreciate your new car. :lol:

a) Yes I will.
b) Yes I will actually.
c) Yes looking at these also.
d) Lol yes but in an Experience Centre Car not mine!

I actually tried to contact Porsche Insurance (Marsh) yesterday and they told me they were no longer doing Porsche Insurance.

A quick call to my OPC also confirmed that Porsche are looking for a new Broker with none assigned yet. This was somewhat of a surprise to me.

I've a high net worth Insurance from AIB I'm considering.

Turns out my GTS has arrived early at OPC Silverstone! Off to take some photos tomorrow.

Jenz

How are finding the Macan 2.0. We have one also and find it is everything we need in a family car doing all the usual hustle and bustle but having a decent turn of pace, decent handling and an exclusive badge

Looking at a 991.1 C2 to replace my golf GTi in the next 12 months or so. Do not really want to stretch to a brand new one

Interested to hear your ownership experience once you have both cars on the drive. I have two kids around primary/ high school age so the extra seats in the 911 over a Cayman would be useful in an emergency

Enjoy the collection

We bought the Macan 2.0 to go alongside our Cayman GTS. We really love it as a practical, fun family car. Yes the 2.0 model gets a lot of negative press on many forums over the 3.4S but in reality it's fast enough and punchy. Put your foot down and it doesn't feel like a 2.0. Sure the 3.4S is night and day faster but from a simple practicality point of view it's ideal.

Saying all that our intention is to trade it for a Gen 2 Panamera in the future as we really love that new model.

Looks like, due to travelling with work, I can't collect our GTS until 20th May. The OPC are kindly keeping it for me lol.

I've also learn't that Porsche Insurance is now provided by Carbon Insurance Services, part of Lawshield. So I am awaiting a quote from them to compare to AIB/Hiscox.

Finally I have decided to have GTechniq applied to the car as OPC Silverstone is now providing that as a service moving away from Swissvax.

The hunt for a SIM and Dashcam continues...

Also considering black metal front grilles from Zunsport.
https://www.zunsport.com/en/porsche-grilles/porsche-991-full-grille-set?filter=322

Regards Neil.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back