Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Windows don't seal into roof correctly

marc_thespark

So i have bought a cab carrera s which seems to make a lot of noise with the top up at speed. From what i can see the windows are not sitting into the roof correctly as when outside i can see the top of the glass. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Marc

It could be door alignment? I had a similar thing on mine where the door wasnt quite hung correctly which meant angles were incorrect. Tell-tale sign for me was a more metallic sound when shutting that particular door (it was striking wrong part of the door) and the gap above window was uneven.

The window is adjustable , if you can see the top of the glass , door shut and window raised then its definetly not right .

I take it the window drops when door opened and closes when door is shut ok ?

EDIT

Just a thought but try lowering the window all the way , release the button then hold it in the down position for 10 seconds , do the same in the up position .. its just possible the window has not correctly learned its end positions .. this will teach it .

Demort said:
this will teach it .

Yeah, bloody windows... they don't know they're born these days :grin:

TonyC911 said:
Demort said:
this will teach it .

Probably best to give it a stern talking to and a damn good thrashing just to make sure :coat:

kurlykris said:
TonyC911 said:
Demort said:
this will teach it .

Probably best to give it a stern talking to and a damn good thrashing just to make sure :coat:

:floor: :thumb:

I really must learn to use more appropriate words :D

Demort said:
The window is adjustable , if you can see the top of the glass , door shut and window raised then its definetly not right .

I take it the window drops when door opened and closes when door is shut ok ?

EDIT

Just a thought but try lowering the window all the way , release the button then hold it in the down position for 10 seconds , do the same in the up position .. its just possible the window has not correctly learned its end positions .. this will teach it .

I'm about to go and have a serious word with my 911 about it' windows and will report back :grin:

From what i can tell the issue is solved although the car is wedged in my garage by 2 other vehicles so will have to take it out tonight and road test it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back