Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre console paint/coat group buy

That looks excellent

Let's hear it for Porsches in interesting colours!!

Duffy said:
That looks excellent

Let's hear it for Porsches in interesting colours!!

Thanks mate seems to work well with my external acid green accents :thumb:

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_694.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_694.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 3,281
I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out but fantastic Phil I think that looks amazing 👍

KJD said:
I wasn't sure how this was going to turn out but fantastic Phil I think that looks amazing 👍

Thanks Kev :thumb: :thumb: :grin:

Looks very good matey...

Might just be my screen/eyes. but there is a hint of yellow in the 4th picture :) bet it looks great with the other bits...

I am trying a few combos including the PDK gate before dropping the unit in next week.

G2 said:
Looks very good matey...

Might just be my screen/eyes. but there is a hint of yellow in the 4th picture :) bet it looks great with the other bits...

I am trying a few combos including the PDK gate before dropping the unit in next week.

yes the acid green does have a hint of yellow in the sunlight and looks greener on a cloudy day. :thumb: :grin: what are you doing with the PDK gate

Changing the sliver to something else, maybe carbon. Console Design is Yellow and black basically. I sourced a spare PDK surround and silver trim off off fleabay. The PDK silver gator mechanism comes apart easy enough, The surround that is soft touch paint will probably end up yellow as well. I'm using the dip paint stuff that peels of to sort the colour scheme then will peel/clean it up and pass to wicked.

It's taking a bit more time as my van is out of warranty, so that is having some "upgrades" that have been planned for a while as well :) will be a busy bank holiday weekend in my garage...

G2 said:
Changing the sliver to something else, maybe carbon. Console Design is Yellow and black basically. I sourced a spare PDK surround and silver trim off off fleabay. The PDK silver gator mechanism comes apart easy enough, The surround that is soft touch paint will probably end up yellow as well. I'm using the dip paint stuff that peels of to sort the colour scheme then will peel/clean it up and pass to wicked.

It's taking a bit more time as my van is out of warranty, so that is having some "upgrades" that have been planned for a while as well :) will be a busy bank holiday weekend in my garage...

Sounds like a busy Easter as you say that plastidip is great for trying things out. Although it seems to last well one of the local guys has done his rear bumper bit around the exhaust tips in a matt black and it looks really nice. and he did his own centre console in it . :thumb:

Glad it's turned out well Phil, looks great! More of a yellow than a green to me, but maybe that's just the pics?

Jay. said:
Glad it's turned out well Phil, looks great! More of a yellow than a green to me, but maybe that's just the pics?

thanks Jay, yes depending on the light levels it looks lighter or darker my other external bits do the same :thumb:

Phil, that looks mint :thumbs: ...

...or should I say lime :oops:

I might have to go with my orange/Lapis blue theme :chin:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
Phil, that looks mint :thumbs: ...

...or should I say lime :oops:

I might have to go with my orange/Lapis blue theme :chin:

:thumb:

:floor: looks mint not lime love it :grin: :grin: :thumb: orange lapis sounds exciting :thumb: :thumbs:

seeforez said:
phil - looks great really lifts the dull greys of the interior !

Mate it really does I am pleased with it. now looking at the big plastic trim around the inner door lever thinking mmmmm acid green :grin: :grin:

Nice one Phil! Not many around with accid green consoles👍👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stinkyspanner
Back