Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Window issue boxster 987

Kharri99

Hi everyone.

Just wondered if anyone has encountered this problem.
I replaced the door latch on my 06 boxster yesterday as the old one was badly scratched.
But today when I wound the drivers side window down it wouldn't go back up. The only way I could do it was to lock the car and hold down the fob button. The window switch on the drivers side still operates the passenger side and the window works as it should when the hood is operated. And when doors are opened and closed. If anyone has any ideas be appreciated. Also there are no scraping noises etc when the window comes down.

Kharri99 said:
Hi everyone.

Just wondered if anyone has encountered this problem.
I replaced the door latch on my 06 boxster yesterday as the old one was badly scratched.
But today when I wound the drivers side window down it wouldn't go back up. The only way I could do it was to lock the car and hold down the fob button. The window switch on the drivers side still operates the passenger side and the window works as it should when the hood is operated. And when doors are opened and closed. If anyone has any ideas be appreciated. Also there are no scraping noises etc when the window comes down.

If it was okay before you replaced the latch it's something to do with the latch or something you disturbed doing it......

If it goes up and down okay with the fob, door handle etc then it's nothing to do with the window itself.

Confident the wiring on the switch is okay? Not stretched doing the door card or anything like that?

:agree:

I would be looking at the window switch and the connection from the door card wiring to the control unit first as one of them might not be plugged in correctly.

Did you disconnect the battery while you did the work? Have a look at the window reset procedure in your owners manual :thumb:

Thanks for the replies I'll have a look at the reset procedure first see if that works.

Hi.
Its been a few weeks since my post regarding my window. Just wondered if anyone knows how to remove the power switches from the door card panel as I suspect this is now the fault.

Remove the door card and they are clipped in from the back.

Usual fault for them is failure of one touch operation although as i mentioned it might not be plugged in fully .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back