Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Buyer Reservations

Buying a brightly coloured car is always going to be a bold decision. [Please pardon the pun :D ].

After owning grey and silver 911s I faced the dilemna when deciding to purchase my current car.

I took the decision to go for it and 2 years on have never regretted it.

The red that you're considering is not as bright as my car and imo suits an SUV well. Porsche and several other manufacturers have used that colour for their press vehicles which is always a good sign. I suspect that the colour will figure prominently in the new model range too.

If you and the people closest to you like the colour and you can handle being noticed in a crowd ....... go for it. :thumb:

ps. An added bonus is that they're easier to find in a car park. :grin:

Colour

I purchased a cayenne in this colour in Feb. It looks great and classy. All comments I have are positive. Go for it

I wouldnt worry about it as long as you like the colour.

We bought a brand new Ford Edge just before Christmas in that mental gold/orange colour they do. We havent seen another Edge on the road, let alone one in that colour, so it certainly gets noticed and you never loose it in the car park!

I,ve PDI ed a Cayenne in this colour .. i like it !! i think it was a GTS .

Whilst i dont understand the selling of these cars i would have thought it would add value as so few of them around ..

:dont know:

Either way its a colour i would have !

Demort said:
I,ve PDI ed a Cayenne in this colour .. i like it !! i think it was a GTS .

Whilst i dont understand the selling of these cars i would have thought it would add value as so few of them around ..

:dont know:

Either way its a colour i would have !

^^^ Yep, I often see this colour on the GTS model. It's a deeper red than something like guards, so has a tasteful edge for an SUV.

Bold colours work as long as they match the car-type. E.g. Miami blue works on a 911, but not on a Cayenne. Firesand (Orange) works on an F-Type, but not an F-Pace. (Not that these are options on either).

I quite like the bold coloured SUVs - the Cesium Blue looks lovely on the F-Pace, and that Cayenne looks lovely in that red.

I have a red Cayenne GTS and love it.
But I don't think it's appropriate on a diesel :hand:

If you love it :dont know: why not

I think it's a very good options spec'd car. Porsche Approved, so not run on a shoe string. 2yrs PAW + EBC. 2013 first reg'd. Cheaper than I'd have presumed.

Go for it 100% I say. Nice motor!

The only thing I'd query is the wheels. I don't know if anyone else has picked this up : it's running 21" Turbo's, yet the spare is 18". That's going to be a tractor side wall to match the 21".

That's all I'd be investigating at this point. Does the spare run the same circumference, rather stupid if it doesn't & maybe illegal.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back