Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

60 minutes of Porsche Ownership

Some people sorn their cars over the winter, some have their engines rebuilt :wink:

Just saying.

I am guessing around 70-80% of the rebuild cost is being covered - I would pay that 20-30% right now to get a Hartech rebuilt engine with all the worn out bits replaced.

Any update yet? Hope it's not too long before car is back to your driveway.

Good news and some not so good news!! The car has the engine fitted and it has been running as it should over the first 100 miles or so before the oil and filter are pulled and checked. I was expecting to collect it this week but then I received a call.

The car has developed as small problem that needs to be checked by Hartech before I take delivery. So, it's going to head up to Hartech for them to be completely satisfied it's 100% before it comes home to me. I can't fault anyone for this short delay, if fact I would rather wait a few more days just for Hartech make sure everything is as it should be.

Everyone has been good to their word so far and I still have a warm feeling that the car is going to be delivered as I want it. The communication remains very good from the dealer and Hartech. As for the warrantee company, that has been completely handled by the dealer other than a 10 minute call I had with them and I don't know what their position currently is.

It will be worth the wait :thumb: Expecting a call anytime now for them to say mine is ready.. can't wait, it will be like the return of a long lost child :D

Two months of headaches, and stress.
Every little noise from the car will worry you from the day you get it back.
Every time you get out of the car it will be a relief it hasn't broken
You have the patience of a Saint.
I would've binned it, and gone again, but with a gen 2 and more finance since there seems to be more money needed from you to straighten it properly
How long till you get it back ?
I've had good cars
I've had lemons
I never ever turned a lemon into a good car.
And they've always been a relief when they've gone.
Even when I've lost bundles on them.
What you should've considered is your dream.
If this car is trouble, you won't buy another 911
That wouldn't have been in the equation if you'd got out of it when it broke in February.
All the very best with it.
911's are awesome.
The only minus is that they just want to be driven fast
All the f cking time
Addictive flat six roar.
Every owner wants that fix.
You included

stuttgartmetal said:
Two months of headaches, and stress.
Every little noise from the car will worry you from the day you get it back.
Every time you get out of the car it will be a relief it hasn't broken
You have the patience of a Saint.
I would've binned it, and gone again, but with a gen 2 and more finance since there seems to be more money needed from you to straighten it properly
How long till you get it back ?
I've had good cars
I've had lemons
I never ever turned a lemon into a good car.
And they've always been a relief when they've gone.
Even when I've lost bundles on them.
What you should've considered is your dream.
If this car is trouble, you won't buy another 911
That wouldn't have been in the equation if you'd got out of it when it broke in February.
All the very best with it.
911's are awesome.
The only minus is that they just want to be driven fast
All the f cking time
Addictive flat six roar.
Every owner wants that fix.
You included

were you on the weed last night???

:D

DucatiRob said:
It will be worth the wait :thumb: Expecting a call anytime now for them to say mine is ready.. can't wait, it will be like the return of a long lost child :D

Brilliant!

:)

I have followed your journey with interest and trepidation and await any follow-up with interest. My 997.1 is currently at hartech for a total engine rebuild, not because of any failure although it did on occasions puff significant blue smoke from the near side exhaust., but at approaching 100,000 miles I felt is was time for some significant future proofing.
You are slightly ahead of me in the Hartech queue as I am expecting mine to be ready by the end of the month.
Visiting Hartech was very interesting and reassuring as the whole organisation was professional and the staff were obvious enthusiasts. Like you I am looking forward to getting the car back but I do have the comfort of my Boxster to ease the wait.
Well done and don't forget to post an update.

The End

I've been asked by a few people to write a conclusion to this thread.

When the engine made it's way back to Surrey for installation and I popped it to see it running and it sounded great. I was keen for the garage to put a few miles on it before I took delivery. Unfortunately there was a small issue so just to be sure, the car went up to Hartech for a once over. They had a good look and made sure everything was as it should be and resolved a couple of issues that may have been the result of the installation; it received a clean bill of health within a week or so. Again, whilst testing there was a problem, a spring broke and there was a delay as the garage approved Hartech fitting 2 new ones. In reality the trip to Bolton cost me 3 weeks but, I was happy to wait.

I picked up the car from Hartech a few weeks ago, I only really had one day where I could travel up to collect it and that was a Saturday. Grant arranged for someone to be in to hand over the keys, so I caught a 6:45 flight from Southampton and then a train to be knocking on the door ay 9 o'clock. I had to be back in Sussex at lunchtime so after a quick cup of tea and a look around the impressive facilities at Hartech I hit the motorway. The drive was better than I imagined, mainly motorway but some fast A roads too, I was sad when the drive came to an end.

The finances are kind of interesting, I made a payment and it was in the region of 2% of the total bill. This covered a contribution to the cost of the bearings, tandem oil pump and cylinder liners. For this I have a Hartech rebuilt engine and new springs!! I popped into see the garage in Surrey just to say hello and pick up the invoiced for the car's history file. They are working with the warranty company and feel they may break even on the car. If I tried to claim from the warranty company, I doubt I would be successful but, the garage sells many, many warranties and has some leverage with them. As others have said, these after market warranties are not worth much.

The Hartech experience was first class, they always gave me confidence in the process and I felt I could call at any time to ask for advice and reassurance. Would I do the same again? I think I would, I didn't mind the wait and now I have an engine that I don't have to worry about. I really like the car, it is a low milage but that won't be for long, I will use every day if I can.

Finally, thank you all for the advice, even when it was critical, it made me stop and re-evaluate the decision I was making.

Richard

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9uyujvly25z9g0y/Photo 06-05-2017, 09 10 01.jpg?dl=0

:thumbs: for sticking with it Richard.

Now get on with enjoying your 911'ing. It's great fun. :thumb:

Glad it all worked you for you, looks nice, now ENJOY! :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back