Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I Want My 997T To Sound Like This!

That's pretty impressive - more than a little bit intimidating that turbo noise! Looks pretty busy at the wheel there too.

Hi Martian,

So you take the youtube clip and select the last 11 numbers like I have highlighted below in red (should be the last 11 characters after "V="

Attachments

• untitled_160.jpg
    untitled_160.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 3,103
Never mind the noise (which sounds like an X-Wing and is therefore cool), but the acceleration!

My rev counter moves slower than that speedo... acceleration from 120mph to 200 is simply astonishing (from 52 secs in), or the speedo is wrong. I estimate 150-200 in 9 secs, a Veyron SS does it in 12.2 :eh!:

Anyone know anything about the car?

Robertb said:
Never mind the noise (which sounds like an X-Wing and is therefore cool), but the acceleration!

My rev counter moves slower than that speedo... acceleration from 120mph to 200 is simply astonishing.

Anyone know anything about the car?
it doesnt look lairy fast but does look quick.

911 turbos are the boys. i drove Imrans 997 turbo at Vmax on saturday and with a nice cteady launch did 0-60 in 3.9s, 100 in 7s, and 191mph in just over a mile into a headwind. ok its modified turbos and ecu but that thing is so quick through the gears. 60-130mph was something like 6 or 7 seconds according to the vbox.

Sounds like a nasty visit to the dentists! :(

Wow . . . is that speedo for real?
If so, whatever's in the back would be a very worthwhile replacement for my donk.
I could then probably pop that speed on the Raglan by-pass . . .

:grin:

...not bad :grin:

...you should have a ride in an Ariel Atom
shout.gif

That video clip is fake :grin: you've just got to look at the trees in the background to realise that this Clock is rigged :grin:
I've been in a car that hits the 200mph button and believe me its not a nice relaxing time .. that 993 is pushing 120 tops in that clip!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back