Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Australian F1 Grand Prix chat on HERE please

stewhp said:
I like many were hotly anticipated the first race with the new cars but I was left feeling quite bored in fact I fell asleep half way through and don't think I missed much.

Ferrari are certainly a hot contender this year.

I'm a great fan of Lewis but he just seemed to moan the whole race instead of getting his finger out.

The cars look great pity the race didn't live up to expectations.

Let's see what happens in China at a proper circuit.

Jury is still out as to whether the changes will produce better racing.

:sleepy:

They wont. F1 has never really been about wheel to wheel stuff. Sure enough every now and then there is some awesomeness but its only because most of the time there isnt that we get all excited about it ! :floor:

At the end of the day its fundamentally an engineering formula, run by engineers to their own delight. Most all of the brand equity in F1 stems from the fact that something "might" happen more than it actually does. I still watch it though..

Senoj said:
stewhp said:
I like many were hotly anticipated the first race with the new cars but I was left feeling quite bored in fact I fell asleep half way through and don't think I missed much.

Ferrari are certainly a hot contender this year.

I'm a great fan of Lewis but he just seemed to moan the whole race instead of getting his finger out.

The cars look great pity the race didn't live up to expectations.

Let's see what happens in China at a proper circuit.

Jury is still out as to whether the changes will produce better racing.

:sleepy:

They wont. F1 has never really been about wheel to wheel stuff. Sure enough every now and then there is some awesomeness but its only because most of the time there isnt that we get all excited about it ! :floor:

At the end of the day its fundamentally an engineering formula, run by engineers to their own delight. Most all of the brand equity in F1 stems from the fact that something "might" happen more than it actually does. I still watch it though..

:yeah:

I slept through most of the highlights on Channel 4 but I suppose it was good to see that Ferrari might be back on the scene .......... Melbourne has always been a bit of a bore to watch unless the weather has been iffy ........ :(

F1 leaves me cold I'm afraid.... It's the only motorsport I've never liked. :dont know:
Maybe if they banned pitstops I'd watch it, I just see no skill in beating a opponent by having a group of blokes change your tyres the fastest... I'll stick to bike racing as my favourite form of motorsport they use the same tyres for the whole race :eek:

I slept through it aswell and woke up to see the presentation, I see he has inked his neck and gone for a gold bogey, just as well he was so good at driving. lol.

they should install sprinklers on the side like a gold course

monitor sentiment in real time and if the dull-o-meter starts to trend to red then switch em on ;-) F1 is a tech arms race on the track and in the paddock but what the fans get in terms of data and interactions is awful compared to NASCAR and Indy.

maybe that is what the yanks ill do.

that GP is a street track and does spring up surprises. China will reveal the true pace of the merc. the red bull looks a bit woeful after all the pre season talk.

I generally like F1 and have been to many globally including UK, Canada, Indianapolis, Singapore, Malaysia etc and I'm a little apprehensive about what the American's will do with the format (look at wheeler dealers and the demise of good old Ed China).
It's a good job they have brought back people like Ross Brawn who will offer good advice and I love the new look cars with their lower -wider stance. Lets see how the changes pan out this year. I'm expecting a move from Fernando sooner rather than later..

I used to enjoy it back in the 80's and early 90's but it is just soooooo boring now! No no overtaking, no characters, no racing! If you really like proper racing have a look at MotoGP, World Superbikes or BSB, you don't have to be into bikes to enjoy it, proper wheel to wheel racing at speeds of over 200mph. These guys are super talented and love racing, look at Rossi, 38 and as hungry as ever for his 10th title!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back